Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 10:49:42 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Gene Wilder
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Gene Wilder  ( 1744 )
Beebs

« : April 06, 2006, 08:02:24 AM »

I'm reading Gene Wilder's book Kiss Me Like a Stranger. Great fast read. I still have about 60 pgs left but I couldn't wait to post. He sure did a lot of movies that aren't around much anymore. Start the Revolution Without Me was great but you can't find it a Blockbuster. Blazing Saddles is still around and so is Young Frankenstein (which he wrote). Funny story about Frankenstein- he needed a scary name for the creepy lady who lives at the castle. He found the name Blucher in one of Freud's letter collections. He found out later that Blucher means glue in German. ANother one- He didn't get the "walk this way" joke which Mel Brooks put in on set. Everyone had a good laugh at him.

Silver Streak isn't around much though it's been on TV twice that I've seen it.

Here what I really wanted to post about:

The Frisco Kid. Anyone seen it? I'm trying to find a copy if it's worth it. John Wayne was going to play Harrison Ford's role but the stupid 20th Century Fox guy tried to talk his pay check down from 1 mil to 750 thousand and old John left. Seems like a funny story.

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #1 : April 06, 2006, 08:48:51 AM »

The Frisco Kid. Anyone seen it? I'm trying to find a copy if it's worth it. John Wayne was going to play Harrison Ford's role but the stupid 20th Century Fox guy tried to talk his pay check down from 1 mil to 750 thousand and old John left. Seems like a funny story.

Saw it quite a few years ago...& I thought it was very funny. Not a silly or stupid comedy or a spoof..but a well written movie..

-Frau Blucher!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------Neeighhhhheeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

he he

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines