Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 01, 2023, 06:38:09 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  News for Bertolucci Fans!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: News for Bertolucci Fans!  ( 6544 )
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« : December 08, 2006, 03:20:25 PM »

Finally Paramount Home Video has released remastered editions of "The Conformist" and "1900 (Novecento)" on December 5.

"The Conformist" is an extended edition and "1900" special collectors edition. They both have great featureletts and they are both under $20!

They are widescreen and have original Italian audio. Molto bene, wouldn't you say?

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #1 : December 08, 2006, 09:57:35 PM »

Didn't he film in English?

I saw 1900 in Italian a long time ago, I don't think it sounded too hot.

It's great that we have a great transfer of 1900, since it's basically a forgotten epic, rightfully so seeing as how the movie is pretty damn cheesy.

I'm buying The Conformist tomorrow, I even got my girlfriend the book, which I will read when she is done.

I'm really really really hoping for a new transfer of The Last Emperor. Bertulocci's finest hour in my opinion.

Cast no shadows - Draw no light. I rape the priestess on pagan's night.
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #2 : December 08, 2006, 10:21:55 PM »

Didn't he film in English?

I saw 1900 in Italian a long time ago, I don't think it sounded too hot.

It's great that we have a great transfer of 1900, since it's basically a forgotten epic, rightfully so seeing as how the movie is pretty damn cheesy.

I'm buying The Conformist tomorrow, I even got my girlfriend the book, which I will read when she is done.

I'm really really really hoping for a new transfer of The Last Emperor. Bertulocci's finest hour in my opinion.

"1900" has English audio as well. So does "The Conformist". "The Conformist" is definitely better with Italian.

Bertolucci ingeniously translated the spirit of Moravia's novel into his own vision when he made "The Conformist". You can clearly realize that as you read the original novel.

Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #3 : December 09, 2006, 02:11:06 AM »

Is it me? Or am I the only Bertolucci fan on this forum?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : December 09, 2006, 05:05:58 AM »

I like his films too, just watched both "La Commare secca", and "The Spiders Stratagem" about a week ago in fact.

I wonder what kind of Western Bertolucci would have made, now that might be an interesting film to see, I remember the stunning visuals from "Out of Africa".

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #5 : December 09, 2006, 10:23:17 AM »

According to Bertolucci, he did make a Western. It's called Once Upon a Time in the West. ;D

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #6 : December 10, 2006, 12:17:27 AM »

I like his films too, just watched both "La Commare secca", and "The Spiders Stratagem" about a week ago in fact.

I wonder what kind of Western Bertolucci would have made, now that might be an interesting film to see, I remember the stunning visuals from "Out of Africa".

Isn't that a Sidney Pollack film? I'm pretty sure it is since he beat out Akira Kurosawa for best director for his film Ran!

I went to the stores today. All sold out of The Conformist.
The Aliens 2 disc Collector's Edition ain't a bad purchase though ;)

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #7 : December 10, 2006, 01:36:50 AM »

I went to the stores today. All sold out of The Conformist.

If you have a patience to wait, try Amazon. It's only $12.99.

« : December 10, 2006, 01:48:16 AM Sanjuro »

Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #8 : December 18, 2006, 09:23:14 PM »

If you have a patience to wait, try Amazon. It's only $12.99.

Yea, I went again today, they sold out again. Apparently being unreleased worldwide on DVD for so long has really got The Conformist flying off the shelves. I did get 1900 though, and let me tell you. It looks amazing! Although the movie is pretty damn cheesy at some parts, the extras are pretty cool. Apparently, Bertolucci wanted to make a TV saga, and Alberto Gramaldi talked him into making it into a movie. Hehe jokes on him! :)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #9 : December 19, 2006, 08:21:37 AM »

This had never occurred to me before, but it makes perfect sense. After all, the words "cheesy" and "TV saga" naturally go together.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #10 : December 20, 2006, 08:20:34 PM »

Yea, I went again today, they sold out again. Apparently being unreleased worldwide on DVD for so long has really got The Conformist flying off the shelves.

If you haven't got a luck for "The Conformist" yet, you get it from Amazon. They have it in stock. In fact, I just ordered a copy for myself yesterday.

Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #11 : December 20, 2006, 10:13:04 PM »

If you haven't got a luck for "The Conformist" yet, you get it from Amazon. They have it in stock. In fact, I just ordered a copy for myself yesterday.

You're very right. There's no use complaining about not getting it when in fact I am able to buy it quite easily.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #12 : December 20, 2006, 11:28:39 PM »

You're very right. There's no use complaining about not getting it when in fact I am able to buy it quite easily.

Oops, I skipped the word "can." I was going to say, "You can get it from Amazon." Sorry, Aguirre, I didn't mean to sound authoritarian. But I guess it helped you decide where to buy anyway ;D.

« : December 21, 2006, 12:27:20 AM Sanjuro »

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines