Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 11:07:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  lack of villain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: lack of villain.  (Read 10626 times)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »

Anyone else think that's a bit fishy/unbelievable?

I dunno. I didn't believe it myself but you never know. At 11, I loved Sergio's Films, among other old Hollywood films of the 30's, 40's, and 50's. So it is possible.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:23 PM »

Must be difficult for this person to find friends with similar tastes at school.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 04:43:29 PM »

Must be difficult for this person to find friends with similar tastes at school.

Extremely difficult. I remember I couldn't even talk about certain things I was interested in back then. Luckly I had other interests like sports. I played three of them all the way through highschool and then baseball in college. A lot of jocks don't care about films as I do. Those bastards.  Grin

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 07:03:54 PM »

All people liked at my school were those un-funny dry comedy films like anchorman, 40 year old virgin, and other stuff like that. And I don't understand how anyone can find Dane Cook funny.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 08:54:26 PM »

All people liked at my school were those un-funny dry comedy films like anchorman, 40 year old virgin, and other stuff like that. And I don't understand how anyone can find Dane Cook funny.

I think every stand up comic, no matter how unfunny they are, have their moments.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 08:57:11 PM »

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I mean once and awhile it's great to watch some stupid comdies like that but not all the time. Most of my friends, that's all they like. As I've gotten older though, I've met quite a few people who have great taste in movies, beyond the comedy genre. And I'm with you, Dane Cook is not funny. Most of the comic actors today in Hollywood are just not funny to me. Will Farrell and Ben Stiller force their comedy in my opinion. They just do the same thing over, and over, and over again. Give it up! You're not Jackie Gleason, Peter Sellers, Richard Pryor, Chevy Chase, John Candy, Steve Martin, Dan Ankroyd, Eddie Murphy, John Belluchi, Gene Wilder, etc, etc. That's just my opinion.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 10:06:36 AM »

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I mean once and awhile it's great to watch some stupid comdies like that but not all the time. Most of my friends, that's all they like. As I've gotten older though, I've met quite a few people who have great taste in movies, beyond the comedy genre. And I'm with you, Dane Cook is not funny. Most of the comic actors today in Hollywood are just not funny to me. Will Farrell and Ben Stiller force their comedy in my opinion. They just do the same thing over, and over, and over again. Give it up! You're not Jackie Gleason, Peter Sellers, Richard Pryor, Chevy Chase, John Candy, Steve Martin, Dan Ankroyd, Eddie Murphy, John Belluchi, Gene Wilder, etc, etc. That's just my opinion.

You forgot to mention Woody Allen, though you have to be smart to get his jokes. And Gene Wilder, what a riot he was!

IMO, John Belushi's brother James was funnier than Dane Cook.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

You forgot to mention Woody Allen, though you have to be smart to get his jokes.

Yes.  The subtleties of lines such as...

"They're belgian chocolates!  Hand made by belgiumites!"

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 12:06:05 PM »

You forgot to mention Woody Allen, though you have to be smart to get his jokes. And Gene Wilder, what a riot he was!

IMO, John Belushi's brother James was funnier than Dane Cook.

How could I forget Woody Allen! I'm a big fan. You're right about him for sure.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM