Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2018, 08:58:05 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Favourite Carry On Movies!!!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Favourite Carry On Movies!!!  ( 6362 )
columba
Bandido

« #15 : May 26, 2006, 01:02:16 AM »

my my such innuendo.

but suitable for a Carry On topic!

Half Soldier
Gunslinger

« #16 : May 26, 2006, 02:51:03 AM »

Best film - Carry On Screaming

Best line - Bernard Bresslaw (dressed as an Arab): Fakir! Off!

Best scenario - Sid James' budgie that whistled everytime he mentioned the name of the 'winning' horse in the races to be run later that day

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #17 : May 26, 2006, 04:55:00 AM »

Best scenario - Sid James' budgie that whistled everytime he mentioned the name of the 'winning' horse in the races to be run later that day
Was that Peewit 2nd or 3rd? ;D
Thats a great Bernie Bresslaw line and it gives me the excuse now to go through my collection for some more!
Of course i guess everyones familiar with Kenneth Williams as Julius Caesar about to be set upon crying "Infamy,infamy they've all got it infamy!!"  ::)
I'd better go away now for a bit of "tiffin time" ;)

columba
Bandido

« #18 : May 26, 2006, 09:29:50 AM »

I think Carry on Screaming just gets the vote for me.

Not sure about the new Carry On London film though - I think they'd be better off doing another set of comedy films in their own right.  The last new Carry On didn't do it for me as it just didn't seem to gel.  Carry Ons can't really be recreated - they're just not the same without the old cast. 

DeZuniga
Road Apple

« #19 : May 28, 2006, 06:02:27 PM »

Carry On Up The Khyber was the funniest of the series, I thought. Something about a war being started because of a disgraced Scottish soldier who was caught wearing something under his kilt to keep the chill out.

Carry On Camping was another... with Sid and his pal taking their wives camping... to what they thought was a nudist camp. They arrive at the gate to see a sign saying "ALL ASSES MUST BE SHOWN". They ask where the manager is and is told "He went for a pee." Suer enough he toddles up carrying a letter P which he places in front of the word ASSES to form PASSES. 

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #20 : May 29, 2006, 05:52:49 AM »

Carry On Camping was another... with Sid and his pal taking their wives camping...
Its so amusing how both Sid and Bernie both well into their middle ages pass off their virginal but equally aged girlfriends off as their "aunties" in pursuit of Babs and the other young college girls who unbelievably fall for their charms.They would never be allowed to get away with this nowadays!
The sight of Sid James in a hippy wig and beads is pretty unforgetable too!

columba
Bandido

« #21 : June 05, 2006, 09:54:14 AM »

Its so amusing how both Sid and Bernie both well into their middle ages pass off their virginal but equally aged girlfriends off as their "aunties" in pursuit of Babs and the other young college girls who unbelievably fall for their charms.They would never be allowed to get away with this nowadays!
The sight of Sid James in a hippy wig and beads is pretty unforgetable too!
It's funny when you watch them, now and again but it loses something in description?

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #22 : June 19, 2007, 08:23:42 AM »

Does anyone like this british comedies? There's a Carry on... Cowboy in it, a very good parody.

What faces!

http://www.carryonline.com/

http://www.thewhippitinn.com/film/cowboy/

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #23 : June 19, 2007, 03:32:28 PM »

Does anyone like this british comedies? There's a Carry on... Cowboy in it, a very good parody.

What faces!

http://www.carryonline.com/

http://www.thewhippitinn.com/film/cowboy/
Maybe you should review Carry On Cowboy and it can sit proudly on the Euro Western index alongside the likes of El Topo and Red Sun. ;D

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines