Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:34:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Gonna go see "The Omen" remake?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: are ya?
yes   -1 (11.1%)
been thinking about it   -3 (33.3%)
hell no!   -5 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Gonna go see "The Omen" remake?  (Read 8903 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2006, 08:30:47 PM »

I must say I have been thinking about it. The original was good if a bit hammy. Wouldnt mind giving up $7.00 to see it. saw the preview for it, and it doesnt look too bad... Undecided

« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 08:40:03 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tim
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:19:52 PM »

Although I like that minute long teaser trailer with Damien sitting on the swing, I'm probably going to pass on this remake.

The original is a classic in my mind, and one of the few horror movies I really like.  Generally though, I'm just sick of seeing all these remakes.  This is getting ridiculous.  If the studios are going to keep making remakes, do it with movies that weren't that good the first time around but had potential.  The original Omen is pretty good.  The only thing I can see being improved on is the gore, so that's just shock value.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 10:25:56 PM »

If the studios are going to keep making remakes, do it with movies that weren't that good the first time around but had potential. 

This is how I see things.

The gore in the Omen was pretty nasty, the photographer gets his head swiped clean off and the preacher gets impaled by the cross. All cool gore effects by the way.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 12:55:31 AM »

I'm a fan of the original so I'll see it to see if it defames the original in any way as it is a classic of the genre. The HILL HAVE EYES remake was by far the best remake yet and is how they should be done if the studios feel they absolutely have to do one. I refused to see the WHEN A STRANGER CALLS remake as it looked awful from the trailer. Also a remake of the absolutely terrifying BLACK CHRISTMAS is coming albeit executive produced from the original director. I have some hope for it although it doesn't need a remake. I have a feeling the ending will not be downbeat like the original.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 12:58:21 AM »

I'm a fan of the original so I'll see it to see if it defames the original in any way as it is a classic of the genre.

I dont think remakes defame originals. after all if you dont like the remake...dont buy it. The original is sitting nestled in your shelf back home untouched.

"The Hills have eyes" remake was better than the overhyped original if you ask me.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 01:18:44 AM »

What bothers me about the remakes is that in interviews the directors will state how there film is better or how they have improved on the original when such classics such as DAWN OF THE DEAD or GODZILLA did not require any improvement. Another thing is that many people may not be aware that an original exists. I wish that more remakes would at least feature a credit as the HILLS remake did, that the film is based on an earlier picture.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 01:21:32 AM »

Another thing is that many people may not be aware that an original exists. .

most people would never try and seek out the original anyway no matter whether they liked the remake or not.

I dont understand this logic but it is true.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 01:35:19 AM »

A lot of people I know that where so enamored with KILL BILL form the great hack that is Quentin Tarantino would not even bother to check out any of the films that he ripped off/paid homage to (depending on your point of view) as the films main source of inspiration is a depressing and very violent Japanese film entitled LADY SNOWBLOOD of which Tarantino uses the main theme song in the film when Lucy Liu's character is killed. Tarantino doesn't bring any respect to the genre or new followers. He simply throws lots of ingredients into a pot to see what comes out. ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST was Leones salute to the american western and it is a perfect film in every way. It's a very visual film. He took his favorite bits from westerns and made them his own. However you're right, most people could care less about these older and in many cases, superior films.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 01:45:06 AM »

Campy? I love the theme song. I've got the soundtrack for DJANGO and BULLET FOR THE GENERAL on the same CD. LADY SNOWBLOOD is great but the sequel is not so great. If you enjoyed the LONE WOLF films you'll dig LS as it has all the graphic violence and geysers of blood inherent in that series.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 01:46:23 AM »

Campy?

as brilliant as the Django theme song is you cannot help but realize it is a bit campy.
come on? the vocalist?

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 02:10:27 AM »

What? That guy can sing! BTW, I don't know if it's a coincidence but in my town there's a street named DJANGO ROAD.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 02:14:07 AM »

What? That guy can sing! BTW, I don't know if it's a coincidence but in my town there's a street named DJANGO ROAD.

oh no arguements there. He can sing(and very well) but the lyrics and his voice just scream "camp!" to me anyway.

The street name cannot be a coincidence. Just as the character Jango Fett from Star wars cannot just be a coincidence. He is a bounty hunter for christ sake!

remove the "D"
clever Lucas clever....

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 02:17:31 AM »

I actually enjoyed the lyrics as they encapsulate the backstory of the character. Many people think the lyrics in KEOMA are bad but they propel the story too.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »

Hell No,for the same reason i refused to see the remakes of The Italian Job,Get Carter,Alfie,Pink Panther et.et.etc .Why try and spoil the legacy of the originals which are already perfect.
And CGI effects SUCK!!!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 05:30:23 PM »

Keoma would be great if you just lost the vocals and kept the instumental part of the score. It doesn't bother me as much as some but it do sound like Tiny Tim for the feminine voice.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM