Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 08:56:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  EXPLOITATION FILM from 60s thru 80s
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EXPLOITATION FILM from 60s thru 80s  (Read 13863 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 01:33:59 PM »

There is also a BASKET CASE 2 and 3 with both focusing more on tongue in cheek (dark)humor moreso than the first film.

I'll have to see the first one, because I have always heard good things about it. The story itself seems looney enough to catch my attention.
shame it doesnt have a wide release. I have checked in video stores all over the place, there is not a hide or hair of it any where.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »

That's odd. At one time nearly every video store had the vhs. I guess they have to move out the old to make room for the new. The special edition dvd from Something Weird Video can be easily obtained from Best Buy or Borders.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 09:39:49 AM »

The special edition dvd from Something Weird Video can be easily obtained from Best Buy

hardly. I have checked.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 01:04:26 PM »

Forgot to mention about a month ago I purchased "I spit on your grave"(Day of a woman), And I hated it with a passion. It is boring to no end. The first half hour is a dull venture indeed with bland camera movements and nothing exciting.
The kills themselves were interesting but the last two were a cop out. And the rape scene remains to be the most interesting scene where she gets raped a consecutive 4 times in under twenty minutes!!! This scene has aged very well and is just as impacting as anything today. Very disturbing.
The cutting of the bad guys little tackle had me griiting my teeth for a few minutes. Very effective. However besides those two incidents everything is rather bland. Thank God it only cost me 5 bucks!

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2006, 11:36:03 PM »

It's at the Best Buy in my area in a two pack with another movie from SW Video. Another film with a similar story to I SPIT... is MOTHERS DAY. A startlingly violent and mysoginistic blackly comedic horror film with some unusually good performances and well drawn characters for a film of this type.  Has a great shock ending too. The story is about three young women who once a year, take turns picking a vacation spot only this time their trip takes them into Deep Barrons, NJ on a camping excursion only to run afoul of a psychotic mother who has taught her two sons to rape, beat and kill women. Of course the three turn the tables on their attackers culminating in a wild finale involving among other things, drano, a tv set, an electric carving knife and a balloon in the shape of a large pair of breasts!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2006, 12:18:27 AM »

The story is about three young women who once a year, take turns picking a vacation spot only this time their trip takes them into Deep Barrons, NJ on a camping excursion only to run afoul of a psychotic mother who has taught her two sons to rape, beat and kill women. Of course the three turn the tables on their attackers culminating in a wild finale involving among other things, drano, a tv set, an electric carving knife and a balloon in the shape of a large pair of breasts!

interesting...to say the least.
How is "High Tension"?

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2006, 12:44:17 AM »

HIGH TENSION was probably my fave fright flick of last year. I couldn't wait for the us premier so I bought the brit special edition which was uncensored. To be a french film it really captured the flavor of the 70s style of gruelling horror filmmaking. Loved the ending as well although some people don't seem to understand it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2006, 12:45:54 AM »

HIGH TENSION was probably my fave fright flick of last year. I couldn't wait for the us premier so I bought the brit special edition which was uncensored. To be a french film it really captured the flavor of the 70s style of gruelling horror filmmaking. Loved the ending as well although some people don't seem to understand it.

been meaning to check it out but I didnt want to waste a rent. Since it was approved by you I will be checking it out soon.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2006, 12:56:25 AM »

Make sure you get the unrated version and watch the subtitled cut as the dubbed one is a screw job that totally wrecks havok with the storyline. There's only about 10 minutes worth of dialog anyways. The opening is definitely an attention getter if ever there was one.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2006, 12:57:49 AM »

Make sure you get the unrated version and watch the subtitled cut as the dubbed one is a screw job that totally wrecks havok with the storyline. There's only about 10 minutes worth of dialog anyways. The opening is definitely an attention getter if ever there was one.

yes I was banking on the uncut version anyway.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2006, 02:00:35 AM »

The same director did the HILL HAVE EYES remake the best remake to date. A definite must buy for me.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2006, 02:05:42 AM »

The same director did the HILL HAVE EYES remake the best remake to date. A definite must buy for me.
I dont have much of a horror collection. horror to me is a one time thing, once I have seen it, it fails to hold my interest the second time. So it has lead me never to buy any horror film. Of course I have a few in my collection like the "Dead series" which all three are rewatchable.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2006, 02:11:18 AM »

I'm attracted to horror films for different reasons. The older films I look for atmosphere over anything else. The later 70s or early 80s I look for the gore or really outrageous scenes that make me think to myself what the actors were thinking at the time or how did they manage to film such a scene  with or without any emotional repurcussions.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 02:13:41 AM »

Horror was done ten times better in the earlier days then in this era. That is certain. I really do enjoy the more obscure stranger titles as well.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 02:17:09 AM »

Out of 1600 dvds I'd say one third is horror. One third or more is kung fu and samurai and the rest make up japanese sci fi fantasy, american sci fi fantasy, comedies, tv shows, spaghetti westerns, american action(mostly 70s), blaxploitation and a couple of other subgenres.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM