Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 09:53:51 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  did she do her own voice?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: did she do her own voice?  ( 24711 )
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« : April 29, 2006, 08:39:26 PM »

Did Claudia do her own voice for the english dub of "West"? Or was it dubbed by someone else? it sure sounds like her. Frayling says she did do her own voice but he also said that Volonte did his own voice for his character Indio in the english dub of FAFDM which is not the case.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : April 29, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

Listen to her voice in "The Pink Panther" and see if it sounds the same.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #2 : April 29, 2006, 08:46:18 PM »

Cardinale didn't do the English dub. Her voice has a thick Italian accent while the voice-over has no accent at all. And you're right about Volonte's voice. His voice was dubbed by the same guy who did Miguel's voice in FOD and Morton.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #3 : April 29, 2006, 08:50:18 PM »

Cardinale didn't do the English dub. Her voice has a thick Italian accent while the voice-over has no accent at all.

Actually an accent in Jill's voice is pretty evident.
And her voice here sounds the same in Pink Panther as well. I see no real difference.
Her voice in "The Proffessionals" is the same also but she sounds more um..."husky", it sounds like she had a soar throat.

« : April 29, 2006, 09:10:51 PM The Firecracker »

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : April 29, 2006, 08:53:13 PM »

That "husky" sound is typical in a lot of Italian women, I have a cousin that I would swear sounded exactly like Cardinale, did. And I've heard plenty others also with that same husky sound.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #5 : April 29, 2006, 08:55:28 PM »

That "husky" sound is typical in a lot of Italian women, I have a cousin that I would swear sounded exactly like Cardinale, did. And I've heard plenty others also with that same husky sound.

well granted, but she sounded like she had a cold all throughout the film. She didnt sound like that in the "Pink Panther".

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #6 : April 30, 2006, 05:24:25 AM »

I don't remember her name, but someone came up with the name of actress who dubbed Claudia for this film awhile back.  It wasn't Claudia though.  I do agree that her real voice doesn't sound dramatically different from her dubbing voice, but it wasn't her.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #7 : April 30, 2006, 05:40:41 AM »

Listen to her voice in "The Pink Panther" and see if it sounds the same.
I was gonna say the same thing.I'm convinced it is her own voice in OUATITW,Pink Panther and The Professionals-no doubt about it!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #8 : April 30, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »

Groggy is right, I wish I could find the thread where the proper voice actress is identified. Cardinale most certainly did NOT do her own dub in OUATITW, a huge mistake on Leone's part. If you watch the English dub  of Visconti's The Leopard yet another voice actress dubs Cardinale, whilst the voice used for Cardinale on OUATITW comes out of a different actress. It's weird hearing Jill's voice being spoken to "Jill".

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #9 : April 30, 2006, 03:53:17 PM »

For your information, she's dubbed also in the italian release of the movie, as she was (almost?) always in her '60 movies. Which was not casual: she just couldn't play for the hell of it. Her voice so husky is very sexy, but she never learned (well, maybe she did in her later movies, but that's when I stopped to watch them) to make a correct use of it. Also, I think she has some kind of hitch with the italian, that I seem to remember was not her mother tongue (which should be french: I hope I'm not making an ass of myself on this) and, though she speaks italian perfectly, she doesn't command the natural rhythms of the language, or at least that's my impression.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #10 : April 30, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »

Was this atypical, or did many Italian actors/actresses have their lines dubbed by others?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #11 : April 30, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »

Actually it was very standard procedure because (as it is explained in detail by Frayling too, if I remember well) many movies were shot with no audio and dubbed later: to save time, to allow foreign actors to merge in the whole (this was good for coproductions). Only the leading actors or the ones whose voice was popularly known dubbed themselves.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #12 : April 30, 2006, 05:57:48 PM »

For your information, she's dubbed also in the italian release of the movie, as she was (almost?) always in her '60 movies. Which was not casual: she just couldn't play for the hell of it. Her voice so husky is very sexy, but she never learned (well, maybe she did in her later movies, but that's when I stopped to watch them) to make a correct use of it. Also, I think she has some kind of hitch with the italian, that I seem to remember was not her mother tongue (which should be french: I hope I'm not making an ass of myself on this) and, though she speaks italian perfectly, she doesn't command the natural rhythms of the language, or at least that's my impression.

Probably was French.  Her mother was Italian and her father was Tunisian (well, one or the other ;)), which was of course a French colony at the time of her birth, and she has spent most of her life in Paris IIRC.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #13 : May 01, 2006, 05:28:25 AM »

Groggy is right, I wish I could find the thread where the proper voice actress is identified. Cardinale most certainly did NOT do her own dub in OUATITW, a huge mistake on Leone's part. If you watch the English dub  of Visconti's The Leopard yet another voice actress dubs Cardinale, whilst the voice used for Cardinale on OUATITW comes out of a different actress. It's weird hearing Jill's voice being spoken to "Jill".
So why isn't this mentioned on the audio commentary or written down in a book rather than just some dubious link site?I've also heard similar conflicting arguments as regards whether Britt Eklands(i know she says its not hers ::)  )own voice is used in The Wicker Man.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #14 : May 01, 2006, 10:40:41 AM »

So why isn't this mentioned on the audio commentary or written down in a book rather than just some dubious link site?

My point exactly. Even Frayling says it is her voice on the commentary. However the guy has  been known to make mistakes.

: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines