Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:01:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Modern music that reminds of spag westerns?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Modern music that reminds of spag westerns?  (Read 1998 times)
Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2003, 10:26:24 AM »

I was just curious if any of you guys have listened to or just happened upon any modern music that reminded you of Leone's work or spag westerns in general.

I actually haven't really heard much that captures the essence of them, but I did run across a very good tune by accident. I was walking through a swap meet and a kid had a portable radio with a CD playing, I immediately asked if was sale and he popped it out and sold it for 2 bucks. it was a single from the industrial metal band Ministry entitled 'Bad Blood'. The second track, 'Happy Dust', has to be inspired by Morricone's western scores, it's an instrumental that has rumbling 'marching' drums, a sharp twanging guitar, quick whip cracks, bells tolling, building sweeping horns, and the hint of a crowd yelling at once in the background like in combat, great stuff for a band normally on the polar opposite of this kind of music. The whole atmosphere of it reminds me of the 'grand bravado' of the genre.

I made an mp3 if any of you want to listen to it  Smiley

The single is out of print unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000JFZF/ref=cm_bg_d_4/104-0043825-8749548?v=glance  

« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 10:35:06 AM by Jayson Kennedy » Logged

(one of) moderator: www.dvdaficionado.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 09:35:53 PM »

The beginning of Pink Floyd's "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is kind of spaghetti-esque.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM