Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 08:43:27 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Mystery man.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Mystery man.  ( 4531 )
mrc666
Road Apple

« : June 28, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »

Please help me im going mad.In A.F.D.M Van cleef shoots a really ugly guy through the head with his pistol with shoulder extension.Im desperate to find out the actors name and need a picture if possible.Any help would be great thanks.

sadhill
Bandido

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« #1 : June 28, 2006, 04:59:40 PM »

Here are the stills of Guy Callaway, and some past discussion on his wanted poster.  IMDB.com list the actor as Luis Rodríguez.  I don't think people noticed the 2 added zero's are missing when it is shoved under the door. And a topic discussion I started (but previously discussed)  showing this same poster with Tuco's face stuck on in GBU

click for topic1
click for GBU poster topic

« : June 28, 2006, 05:23:55 PM sadhill »
il brutto
Bandido

« #2 : June 30, 2006, 12:51:03 AM »

I never noticed the poster was missing the two zero!
It's also very funny how the man on the poster doesn't look like Guy Calloway at all. Maybe the drawing was made before choosing the actor.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #3 : June 30, 2006, 02:58:57 PM »

I never noticed the poster was missing the two zero!
It's also very funny how the man on the poster doesn't look like Guy Calloway at all. Maybe the drawing was made before choosing the actor.

Besides missing the 2 zero's, i have just noticed that the two posters are also different. The first one clearly shows the collars of his shirt but not his tie. The second without the zero's clearly shows his tie but not the collars...obvbiously two different posters.......

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #4 : June 30, 2006, 03:06:46 PM »

Besides missing the 2 zero's, i have just noticed that the two posters are also different. The first one clearly shows the collars of his shirt but not his tie. The second without the zero's clearly shows his tie but not the collars...obvbiously two different posters.......

ICE

It looks that way but I think the posters look different because they were shot at different angles.

Beebs

« #5 : June 30, 2006, 07:30:57 PM »

I have two things to say.

First, it really is weird, Il Bruto is right, that the man and poster look very different. Any ideas?

Second, As for the two zeros and the pictures looking different, since Mortimer is an experienced bounty killer, my guess is he has a copy of the poster already. Seems to me he takes the one from the wall and puts it in his case, then pulls it out of his coat in the hotel. He just took the other off the wall because he was going to kill him and the poster didn;t need to be advertised anymore. In other words, he has a poster and he takes the other one down.

Third, I can't count... ;D

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #6 : June 30, 2006, 11:51:20 PM »

I have two things to say.

First, it really is weird, Il Bruto is right, that the man and poster look very different. Any ideas?

Second, As for the two zeros and the pictures looking different, since Mortimer is an experienced bounty killer, my guess is he has a copy of the poster already. Seems to me he takes the one from the wall and puts it in his case, then pulls it out of his coat in the hotel. He just took the other off the wall because he was going to kill him and the poster didn;t need to be advertised anymore. In other words, he has a poster and he takes the other one down.

Third, I can't count... ;D

That makes a lot of sense. Good reasoning Beebs  :)

....except for the last one.   ;D

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #7 : July 01, 2006, 01:08:32 AM »

I actually raised this same question back in Jan 2005.. here...

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=1620.0

ICE    

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
mrc666
Road Apple

« #8 : July 03, 2006, 02:18:48 PM »

Many thanks guys.You ve answered my question and then some.What a knowledgable lot you are.

Thanks

Phil

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #9 : July 03, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »

And more here...

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=160642;article=127747;title=Spaghetti%20Western%20Web%20Board;pagemark=20

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #10 : July 03, 2006, 10:19:30 PM »

This is a theory of mine, I think Guy Calloway's completely unidentical wanted poster was derived from Leone's attention to detail and knowledge of the old west.

In the earlier days of the west, the photograph was not widely used and it would be difficult to capture a ciminal when you only had a brief description on their wanted posters. Instead, many wanted posters had a sketch-drawn picture of what the outlaw was suspected to look like. Most of the time these drawings were crude and looked little to nothing like the actual criminal.

Beebs

« #11 : July 08, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »

I saw something like that on Wild West Tech. That the photograph ended the rage of outlaws in the West.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #12 : July 08, 2006, 05:30:10 PM »

I saw something like that on Wild West Tech. That the photograph ended the rage of outlaws in the West.

Me too. I love Wild West Tech. It's a shame there are no more new episodes.

Tim

« #13 : July 10, 2006, 09:54:16 AM »

Those Carradine boys were always entertaining on Wild West Tech.  History Channel needs to bring that back, right along with Conquest and History vs. Hollywood.

Beebs

« #14 : July 10, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »

Conquest was amazing!!!!!!!

I love that show. I can't see why it's not that popular.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines