Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 02:05:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Pemiere Classics (french magazine)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pemiere Classics (french magazine)  (Read 84 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« on: Yesterday at 05:05:07 AM »

One of the biggest movies magazine in France is called Premiere. They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book") called Premiere Classics. The second issue is about GBU.
I bought it despite the terrible layout and artworks but I don't think I'll have the time to read it in the coming week.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:07:13 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:18:44 AM »

One of the biggest movies magazine in France is called Premiere. They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book") called Premiere Classics. The second issue is about GBU.
I bought it despite the terrible layout and artworks but I don't think I'll have the time to read it in the coming week.

But what is it exactly?? Is it simply the story line of GBU, i.e. the book version of the movie??  Or is it a booklet describing  the making of GBU? Anecdotes during shooting? Interviews with actors???

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:15:43 AM »

A booklet describing the making of, analysis, interviews.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:58:41 AM »

One of the biggest movies magazine in France is called Premiere....

The same company used to publish an English version called "Premiere" (i.e. without the grave accent) in the UK and the US. The French one was the original one though and the articles were different of course. According to wikipedia it folded in 2007 in the US and 2010 in the UK.

They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book") called Premiere Classics.

Kind of like those Cinema Retro  "Movie Classics" special editions then.

Let us know what the content is like once you have time to go through it.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:12:15 AM »

I doubt there are any revelations in there but it's nice to know that this film continues to get the attention it deserves.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:05:52 PM »

I was thinking of buying it. I contacted them as there was no way to buy it from their website and they said they hadn't sorted the shipping to UK out and to try in a couple of weeks.
Its a 24 page article. Are there any new photos in it?

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 12:29:08 PM »

I was thinking of buying it. I contacted them as there was no way to buy it from their website and they said they hadn't sorted the shipping to UK out and to try in a couple of weeks.

Just buy it from amazon.fr

https://www.amazon.fr/Premiere-Classics-N-2/dp/B077697M83/

Its a 24 page article. Are there any new photos in it?

Looking at the complete front cover, it looks like GBU is the main focus of the issue but there is a bunch of other stuff as well like "Lawrence d'Arabie" which might interest some other board members here.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 06:18:11 PM »

They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book")
The Japanese were using the term more than 30 years ago.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Today at 09:04:25 AM »

Yeah, only 24 pages about GBU, then most of the thing is about other classics. A bit disappointing. And yes there are pics. I still haven't read anything but here is a quick videos of me turning all the GBU pages (and quickly going through the rest of it) so you can get a sense of the content:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gSPoJgQnwNXhYdkLiAL9RvQCI_zRO8EA

www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM