Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 06:55:54 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  NFT screening GBU with Eli Wallach
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: NFT screening GBU with Eli Wallach  ( 12601 )
daylami
Road Apple

« #30 : May 29, 2006, 04:18:19 AM »

I couldn,t agree more with Red Rums comments.It was a privelege to be in the same room as Eli,his answers were both candid and comprehensive,he was a joy to listen too,his timing and delivery were also impeccable, on several occasions he had the audience roaring with laughter.A day never to be forgotten.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #31 : May 29, 2006, 05:11:50 AM »

I even got to ask him a question about his appearance in Mystic River

"Whenever you're ready, Eli." 

redrum
Chicken Thief

« #32 : May 29, 2006, 09:06:20 AM »

"Whenever you're ready, Eli." 

That was superb Whenever your`e ready Eli was Clints remark as Eli waited for direction. Just one of many funny anecdotes throughout the interview.  Another good question was about how much was Leone`s direction in GBU and how much was ad-libbed. Eli talked about the second hanging scene when he is listening to the sheriff reading the crimes and is just looking bored. That was all Eli And the point where he looks at the lady and growls was complete adlibbing, pure genius and no-one could have done the role better. Imagine what FODynamite would have been with Wallach, not to disrespect Stieger though who did a great job.

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #33 : May 29, 2006, 02:01:50 PM »

Another couple of interesting stories were that the only music played on the set was "story of a soldier" filming the beating scene.[ I had heard that maybe it was played during the cemetry scenes] and when the confed army marched through the town when Tuco and his 3 men are in the hotel, they kept going round and round to make it seem like a large army.

: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines