Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 07:18:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Eastwood on War
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood on War  (Read 9187 times)
Porterhouse
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 11:27:40 AM »

Eastwood is more libertarian than anything.

"I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone." Clint Eastwood in USA Today (January 25, 2004)

http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities/clint-eastwood.html

Also in the bonus material for The Outlaw Josey Wales, Eastwood talks about Josey Wales being an anti-war movie.

Beebs
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »

worthless in general. There is no need to lose so many for a damn bridge.

That is the idea behind the quote in my mind and why I brought this up. Worthless to lose over a bridge that could be blown up and save many lives. NOT an anti war statement.,

Beebs
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 12:05:03 PM »

Also in the bonus material for The Outlaw Josey Wales, Eastwood talks about Josey Wales being an anti-war movie.

What I got out of the bonus material in my version was that the Vietnam war was being constantly disputed and he thought this was an important story to tell, though it is fiction. He was just showing what war can do to a man, or should I say Forrest Carter was showing and Eastwood was relaying. I got the impression he wasn't taking a side just showing, or relaying, what war does to a man in general. Though In Josey Wales case. He was affected as a civilian not a soldier. He was attacked while being innocent.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM