Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2023, 03:29:48 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Maybe soon......
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Maybe soon......  ( 3590 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : May 31, 2006, 04:39:44 PM »

As reported in the Business section of today's LA Times "the tensions between MGM and it studio investor resulted in a board vote Tuesday that will end the fabled company's reliance on Sony Pictures Entertainment as a distributor of its DVDs and televsion show.

20th Century Fox will now release MGM's DVDs worldwide.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #1 : June 01, 2006, 06:04:18 AM »

As reported in the Business section of today's LA Times "the tensions between MGM and it studio investor resulted in a board vote Tuesday that will end the fabled company's reliance on Sony Pictures Entertainment as a distributor of its DVDs and televsion show.

20th Century Fox will now release MGM's DVDs worldwide.

Maybe those SE DVDs are in the near future!  ;)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #2 : June 01, 2006, 09:15:32 AM »

You can wait and hope.... Or you can quick draw your credit card today and order from abroad. There are two kinds of people, my friend...

And anyway, even if MGM actually gets around to releasing the SEs in R1, we'll still be left with versions of FOD and FAFDM which are second best. The German DVDs of those titles are currently the best editions (and will remain so, until we see Blue-ray editions).

BTW, Fred Meyer's has OUATITW now for $7.99. Deal of the century, or what?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #3 : June 03, 2006, 10:05:41 AM »

If I am informed correctly by my sources (  ;) ) the way it works is Sony decide which MGM films Fox can distribute, rather like the Fox agreement with Criterion. So Sony may want to keep the Leone films as they are surely quite a cash cow. The thing I hope is that the noirs UA made (and there are quite a few of them) get added onto Fox's excellent Fox Noir Series. (Also remember WB own a lot of early 30's and 40's MGM films as well)

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines