Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 07:32:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Westerns:Eastwood versus Peckinpah
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Who's westerns do you prefer?
Clint Eastwood   -7 (53.8%)
Sam Peckinpah   -6 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Westerns:Eastwood versus Peckinpah  (Read 21195 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2006, 06:12:42 PM »

The Marshal is actually played by stuntman and friend of Eastwood Buddy Van Horn. 

Really?    Huh  I swear he looked just like Clint.

Sundance
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2006, 06:15:35 PM »

From Clinteastwood.net

Listen as Clint Eastwood talks candidly about his thoughts on this film and explains who the 'Stranger' really is!

http://www.clinteastwood.net/realmediafiles/montages/highplainsdrifter.ram

If you don't want to install Realplayer (because it is crap and I will never use it Tongue ) you can use RealAlternative which I think uses Media Player Classic http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/real_alternative.cfm

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2006, 06:18:10 PM »

From Clinteastwood.net

Listen as Clint Eastwood talks candidly about his thoughts on this film and explains who the 'Stranger' really is!

http://www.clinteastwood.net/realmediafiles/montages/highplainsdrifter.ram

If you don't want to install Realplayer (because it is crap and I will never use it Tongue ) you can use RealAlternative which I think uses Media Player Classic http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/real_alternative.cfm

It doesn't work on my computer.   Sad

Sundance
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »

Oh, sorry about that. :( I just didn't want to say anything about it because I don't understand it completely. Maybe it's my lack of english skills or maybe the background music or maybe Clint just speaks unclearly few times.... probably all of them and mostly my lack of skills ;)

"It was originally written that that he was the brother of the marshall that was beaten...
as the extension of the higher ???? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?the town refuses to come to the aid of their loyal sheriff ??? ??? ??? ??? ???? this town has already done that and the sheriff was beaten to death

and now they're living with the guilt and

and this brother comes back and makes sure they're ??? ???? ??? guilt

you could recognize him as the ghost or some avenging spririt or you could recognize him as a brother... I played it more as an apparation.. to just played it out simply... that's.. a relative coming back.. its really not very interesting... it's gotta be like the audience never really knows"

That's the best I can do and it's probably not nearly good enough because I just can't make out some of the words spoken and some I have probably heard wrong. :P

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 06:38:37 PM by Sundance » Logged

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2006, 06:41:27 PM »

Oh, sorry about that. Sad I just didn't want to say anything about it because I don't understand it completely. Maybe it's my lack of english skills or maybe the background music or maybe Clint just speaks unclearly few times.... probably all of them and mostly my lack of skills Wink

"It was originally written that that he was the brother of the marshall that was beaten...
as the extension of the higher Huh? Huh ?? Huh? Huh? ?the town refuses to come to the aid of their loyal sheriff Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh? this town has already done that and the sheriff was beaten to death

and this brother comes back and makes sure they're Huh Huh? Huh guilt

you could recognize him as the ghost or some avenging spririt or you could recognize him as a brother... I played it more as an apparation.. to just played it out simply... that's.. a relative coming back.. its really not very interesting... it's gotta be like the audience never really knows"

That's the best I can do and it's probably not nearly good enough because I just can't make out some of the words spoken and some I have probably heard wrong. Tongue

Good, thanks alot.  Smiley

I guess what Clint means is that he made the ending that way so it was left open for interpretation.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2006, 10:16:43 PM »

The Marshal is actually played by stuntman and friend of Eastwood Buddy Van Horn.

Shocked Must, definitely, watch the movie again.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2006, 10:35:34 PM »

In the meantime, here you can find a pic of the two together:

http://www.cinestills.com/stillscoll/diapo_pers.php?persid=1124&type=2

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2006, 10:41:07 PM »

Haveing just watched it recently , yea he dose look like the sherrif being whipped.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2006, 11:11:29 PM »

Haveing just watched it recently , yea he dose look like the sherrif being whipped.

Well, what can I say? I learn something new everyday.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2006, 05:30:52 AM »

Hey Groggy you seem to know an awful lot about a movie you call crap Grin

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2006, 05:35:44 AM »

Oh, sorry about that. Sad I just didn't want to say anything about it because I don't understand it completely. Maybe it's my lack of english skills or maybe the background music or maybe Clint just speaks unclearly few times.... probably all of them and mostly my lack of skills Wink

as the extension of the higher Huh? Huh ?? Huh? Huh? ?the town refuses to come to the aid of their loyal sheriff Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh? this town has already done that and the sheriff was beaten to death

and this brother comes back and makes sure they're Huh Huh? Huh guilt

That's the best I can do and it's probably not nearly good enough because I just can't make out some of the words spoken and some I have probably heard wrong. Tongue
Good stuff Sundance Wink

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2006, 06:43:28 AM »

Hey Groggy you seem to know an awful lot about a movie you call crap Grin

LOL well I've been to ClintEastwood.net and the IMDB, and Van Horn's listed there.   Grin

BTW Titoli, thanks for the Cinestills link - lot of cool pictures there.   I must check it out in-depth later on. . . Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »

I re-watched cursorily the whipping scene today and well, maybe the victim is not eastwood, but someone who looks very much like him and, in my opinion, looks not like the fella in the picture I posted. If somebody could post some screenshots it would be fine.   

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »

BTW, by my count, Eastwood has only directed 4 Westerns (unless you count Bronco Billy). So those of you voting for Eastwood are saying you prefer HPD/Josey Wales/Pale Rider/Unforgiven over The Deadly Companions/Ride The High Country/Major Dundee/The Wild Bunch/PG&BtK (and maybe Junior Bonner). Hard to believe anyone would think that way.....

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2006, 10:57:29 PM »

(and maybe Junior Bonner).

If "Bronco Billy" doesnt count, nor should "Junior Bonner".

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM