Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 01:49:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  210 minutes on the Hallmark channel?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 210 minutes on the Hallmark channel?  (Read 9226 times)
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:37:17 PM »

According to http://www.tv-now.com/stars/sergiol.html it's going to be on July 1'st  on the Hallmark channel at 210 minutes. I hope this isn't a typo Shocked

According to the Hallmark channel website it will be on from 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 06:41:09 PM by Poggle » Logged
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 07:28:32 PM »

The Hallmark channel? Thats like saying "The Wild Bunch" is playing on Lifetime.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:01:17 PM »

Probably time includes the commercials; notice first link also has GBU time wrong, at less minutes than FDM.  I once noticed a televised GBU at 2 hours while wife was on phone, with "idiots - it's for you" going directly to Tuco running around the cemetery.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 07:44:56 AM »

That's right, it probably includes commercials.  TNT used to run OUATITW every once in awhile.

But that is a most bizarre thing.  Will OUATIA be on "Oxygen" next week?  Roll Eyes

Saturday nights with Groggy
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »

I think that this ties in with....& will be announcing that night, Hallmark's newest line of greeting cards--->

The Vendetta Collection

You're really a bastard
                       You know this is true
                      Now I'm gonna choke you
                     Until you turn blue...

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 08:40:33 AM »

Probably time includes the commercials; notice first link also has GBU time wrong, at less minutes than FDM.  I once noticed a televised GBU at 2 hours while wife was on phone, with "idiots - it's for you" going directly to Tuco running around the cemetery.
Saw part of this version on Spike. A travesty.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 10:00:55 AM »

Great idea, boardwalk_angel, Leone greeting cards.  Here's one:

The South is gray,
The North is blue,
I sorta like you, Tuco,
But think I'd trust YOU???

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 03:46:55 PM »

I think that this ties in with....& will be announcing that night, Hallmark's newest line of greeting cards--->

The Vendetta Collection

You're really a bastard
                       You know this is true
                      Now I'm gonna choke you
                     Until you turn blue...

I'm going to buy that one for teachers I don't like.  Grin  Wink

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 05:06:36 PM »

Great idea, boardwalk_angel, Leone greeting cards.  Here's one:

The South is gray,
The North is blue,
I sorta like you, Tuco,
But think I'd trust YOU???

LOL!  Grin

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

That's awful.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Tim
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 10:14:55 AM »

I caught the heavily edited version on Spike last week.  I kept waiting for some huge cuts but couldn't find them.  A few seconds here and there, but nothing huge.

Then came the biggie that Cusser brought up.  Blondie reads Angel Eye's message and then Blondie and Tuco are approaching the bombed-out church.  They skipped the entire bridge sequence!  It's a shame that movies are shown in such a heavily edited form.  I always laugh when I see a movie in a time slot that is shorter than its original length.

Same thing happens to Glory whenever its on WGN here in Chicago.  Its in a 2-hour slot, but the movie is around 125 minutes long.  So figure with commercials, you're seeing about 90 minutes of a movie.  'Tis a shame.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »

I caught the heavily edited version on Spike last week.  I kept waiting for some huge cuts but couldn't find them.  A few seconds here and there, but nothing huge.

Then came the biggie that Cusser brought up.  Blondie reads Angel Eye's message and then Blondie and Tuco are approaching the bombed-out church.  They skipped the entire bridge sequence!  It's a shame that movies are shown in such a heavily edited form.  I always laugh when I see a movie in a time slot that is shorter than its original length.

Same thing happens to Glory whenever its on WGN here in Chicago.  Its in a 2-hour slot, but the movie is around 125 minutes long.  So figure with commercials, you're seeing about 90 minutes of a movie.  'Tis a shame.

That is a shame but what's worse is when the movie channels show movies in fullscreen! Almost everyone I know says that " widescreen takes off the top and bottom. " That's why I refuse to watch films on AMC. I really hate that channel. They never show movies in widescreen, they edit the movies, they put on more commercials than movie, and almost every film they show now is above the year 1980.

Now TCM is my favorite movie channel. Widescreen, no commercials, unedited, uncensored, and some of the finest films that ever graced the silver screen as well as hidden gems that aren't available in any format.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 05:11:14 PM »

What do they cut out of "Glory" Tim?  I think that would be horrible to see a 90 minute version of it?  Shocked

(I've already commented on the butchered GBU version many times, so I don't really have anything else to say.)

And Peacemaker - here here for TCM!  Grin

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »

And Peacemaker - here here for TCM!  Grin

Greatest thing to happen to tv since cable.   Smiley

Tim
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 12:47:44 PM »

What do they cut out of "Glory" Tim?  I think that would be horrible to see a 90 minute version of it? 

It's lots of little things, like scenes being cut for a few seconds anywhere up to a minute.  It has been awhile since I watched this version, but the major cuts seem to be in the training sequence, the 54th's arrival in South Carolina, and something else I can't remember now.  The one thing that ISN'T CUT is the assault on Fort Wagner, one of the most powerful battles I've ever seen in a movie.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM