Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 11:07:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  210 minutes on the Hallmark channel?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 210 minutes on the Hallmark channel?  (Read 9259 times)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 10:10:53 AM »

That is a shame but what's worse is when the movie channels show movies in fullscreen! Almost everyone I know says that " widescreen takes off the top and bottom. " That's why I refuse to watch films on AMC. I really hate that channel. They never show movies in widescreen, they edit the movies, they put on more commercials than movie, and almost every film they show now is above the year 1980.

Now TCM is my favorite movie channel. Widescreen, no commercials, unedited, uncensored, and some of the finest films that ever graced the silver screen as well as hidden gems that aren't available in any format.

Sadly the UK TCM is shadow compared to the superior US counterpart  Sad

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 03:28:23 PM »

Sadly the UK TCM is shadow compared to the superior US counterpart  Sad

What's the difference between the UK TCM and the US counterpart?

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 03:34:11 PM »

(For me) when I have seen the two compared, the US just seems to have a much wider choice of films. When I watch UK TCM I seem to see often the same movies from the 60's +. I would love to see more noir and Westerns.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2006, 03:37:09 PM »

(For me) when I have seen the two compared, the US just seems to have a much wider choice of films. When I watch UK TCM I seem to see often the same movies from the 60's +. I would love to see more noir and Westerns.

That's a lot like AMC except most of the films they play now are 80's and up instead of 60's and up. That's another reason why I hate AMC.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2006, 04:46:14 PM »

Yeah. . . I mean, are "Species 2" and "Gothika" (to name two films that were on last night) really American Movie ClassicsRoll Eyes AMC has gone off the deep-end. . .

Not to mention that when they do show good movies, they show them about 5,000 times a month, making you vomitously sick of them.  I mean seriously, their line-up for "Saturday Morning Westerns" is an endless re-running of "Major Dundee", "Hannie Caulder", and "Ulzana's Raid".  GET SOME NEW MATERIAL ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 04:48:46 PM »

Yeah. . . I mean, are "Species 2" and "Gothika" (to name two films that were on last night) really American Movie ClassicsRoll Eyes AMC has gone off the deep-end. . .

Not to mention that when they do show good movies, they show them about 5,000 times a month, making you vomitously sick of them.  I mean seriously, their line-up for "Saturday Morning Westerns" is an endless re-running of "Major Dundee", "Hannie Caulder", and "Ulzana's Raid".  GET SOME NEW MATERIAL ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100 %. But I think most movie people feel that way about AMC.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 05:06:54 PM »

How's the Fox Movie Channel. I keep seeing the adverts in the DVD's I buy in the states and it sounds good.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 05:07:43 PM »

Don't watch them too often, but they generally run commercial-free.  I watched "The Gunfighter" (with Gregory Peck) on there, for one thing.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 05:12:08 PM »

How's the Fox Movie Channel. I keep seeing the adverts in the DVD's I buy in the states and it sounds good.

It's very good. It's like TCM: widescreen presentations, no commercials, classic movies.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 05:12:39 PM »

I believe Fox are doing a Studio Classic's for The Gunfighter. I would like to add that to my Studio Classic's collection.

Thanks Peacemaker, I'll check it out next time I can get the chance.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 05:14:18 PM by Leone Admirer » Logged

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2006, 05:29:13 PM »

I believe Fox are doing a Studio Classic's for The Gunfighter. I would like to add that to my Studio Classic's collection.

Thanks Peacemaker, I'll check it out next time I can get the chance.

Maybe I'll get that Gunfighter DVD for my birthday in September. I saw it once but I remember that it was a good western. Plus Gregory Peck's in it. He can make an average movie great, just like Marlon Brando.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »

Yeah, "The Gunfighter" is a good movie, but of the three suspense Westerns (that, "High Noon", and one about to be named) I prefer "3:10 To Yuma".

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2006, 10:29:39 PM »

Yeah, "The Gunfighter" is a good movie, but of the three suspense Westerns (that, "High Noon", and one about to be named) I prefer "3:10 To Yuma".

3:10 to Yuma was a good movie. Kind of different for the 40's, suspense instead of action.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

I once noticed a televised GBU at 2 hours while wife was on phone, with "idiots - it's for you" going directly to Tuco running around the cemetery.

Oh my God! And I thought the version of For A Few Dollars More that cut out two minutes of the final showdown was bad!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM