Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 08:57:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Seraphim Falls (2006)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seraphim Falls (2006)  (Read 21633 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 12:38:57 PM »

Yeah saw it in the previews for "Apocalypto". It looked pretty good. It's gonna be released in the first month of 2007 right?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 01:34:02 PM »

This was at the LFF, recieved mixed reviews, mainly to the negative both in the UK papers and in Variety

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 04:42:39 AM »

thanks for the link.

I've seen two reviews so far, none positive. but we can always hope.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 04:59:59 AM »

looks good, but I guess we'll see,  Wink

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 06:00:43 AM »

looks amazing... reading through the forums somebody mentioned it reminded them of the outlaw josey wales... i have to agree.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »

I saw this film last night, was pretty good.  Lots better than last year's "Proposition".

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 07:42:34 PM »

I saw this film last night, was pretty good.  Lots better than last year's "Proposition".

I would love to see this. Maybe I'll pop by the theatres tomorrow.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 11:24:53 PM »

I wanna see this movie also, but it's not playing anywhere near here.  Angry

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 09:26:55 AM »

Got this on Netflix, and watched it last night.

Its ok and it has great cinematography of beautiful scenery, but it was definitely lacking in a few areas, that I'll comment on as I think about the film over the next few days.  It had some symbolic elements but they lacked emphasis and the score though passable didn't help. Another quick thought no Western town to balance the wilderness aspect though it did have a wagon train camp and a railroad hell on wheels end of track sort of set that was wasted.

later with more.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 01:29:56 PM »

There was so much I loved about this movie, but it definitely lacked in some areas. As you mentioned cigar, the cinematograhy and scenery were beautiful. They really succeded in this area. The first half hour of this film was riveting. Some of the best chase sequences I've seen in a long time.

My biggest gripe about the film is the way they handled the flash back sequences. I do not like how they revealed what happened in Seraphim Falls. It just seemed rushed to me. The whole movie you're thinking about what possibly could of happened there to piss off Carver (Liam Neeson). They have you thinking what Gideon (Pierce Brosnan) did was horrific. Yes, what happened was bad, but not as bad as how Carver was acting. This sequence took away from this otherwise powerful, and revengeful tale.

Overall, I loved the movie though, but it's not the classic it could have been. So many missed opportunities.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 01:31:29 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 05:58:42 PM »

I agree, it even had some surrealistic elements to boot, but the whole just didn't add up.

More later.....

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »

I agree, it even had some surrealistic elements to boot, but the whole just didn't add up.

More later.....

I can't wait buddy.

Man with no dame
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 08:41:41 PM »

Is this flick even worth 1 viewing? I passed on this the other night, to rent Hannibal Rising(I know, don't laugh, I had to see how bad it was for myself). I've become gunshy with new movies, they're getting so bad.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »

Its worth a viewing, it helps to be able to analize what is the missing ingredient and what could have been done better. Last years "The Proposition" almost got there I think just the fact that it was Aussie based (and the score wasn't all that strong in my opinion, sorry Nick Cave fans) kinda makes it its own sub catagory.

Liam Neeson is somewhat believable in character, Brosnan a bit less so, it needed more "Western" color more Western sidekick type of supporting cast nobody stood out not even the mains, the cast as a whole just blends into the scenery, a good Western town set with at least a saloon and piano is almost a required touchstone for a Western. But it was very strong on Western landscape the other touchstone I'll give it that. The score combined with the actors lines just didn't reach that "Iconic" level we wish it would reach.

You are spot on about the use of the flashback sequence and I'll add that the Angelica Huston scene was flat also.

Maybe all I/we want are good well made modern Leone clones. lol

Man with no dame
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 10:33:54 PM »

Maybe all I/we want are good well made modern Leone clones. lol
   We have become spoiled! Hold our heads down in shame. Not bloody likely! Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM