Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2020, 02:27:07 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Versions
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Versions  ( 5937 )
The clint
Gunslinger

« : June 11, 2006, 02:56:02 PM »

Was the local Italian product identical to the 1967 US release or are there any editing differences?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #1 : June 11, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »

The only difference I recall is there is an extra scene missing from the "cave sequence" on the U.S print. Even the german special edition version doesnt have this scene so I wonder if it even exist.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #2 : June 11, 2006, 07:50:21 PM »

The only difference I recall is there is an extra scene missing from the "cave sequence" on the U.S print. Even the german special edition version doesnt have this scene so I wonder if it even exist.

I heard of this deleted cave sequence but I thought the sequence was just chopped from the original US release ( there IS a cave sequence showing Joe's " resurrection " ). I'm a bit confused, is that what everyone means or is there more to that sequence ( deleted material )?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #3 : June 11, 2006, 09:33:12 PM »

I heard of this deleted cave sequence but I thought the sequence was just chopped from the original US release ( there IS a cave sequence showing Joe's " resurrection " ). I'm a bit confused, is that what everyone means or is there more to that sequence ( deleted material )?

There is another scene in the "resurrection" where the coffin maker goes to visit Joe(not to give him dynamite, that was his last visit).

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tim

« #4 : June 15, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

When FOD was aired on American television, I know another scene was filmed w/ Joe being released from prison and told he would get a pardon if he went and cleaned up this town, the Baxters and the Rojos.

I've never seen it, but I thought it had Harry Dean Stanton as the sheriff, I might be wrong there, and a double wearing a poncho as Clint.

The clint
Gunslinger

« #5 : June 15, 2006, 11:36:08 AM »

So there probably weren't any differences between the versions. I was just wondering because the Corean R3 DVD release offered two versions of the film.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #6 : June 15, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »

When FOD was aired on American television, I know another scene was filmed w/ Joe being released from prison and told he would get a pardon if he went and cleaned up this town, the Baxters and the Rojos.

I've never seen it, but I thought it had Harry Dean Stanton as the sheriff, I might be wrong there, and a double wearing a poncho as Clint.

Correct Tim, it's on the R2 SE DVD. It was made for ABC if I'm right.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #7 : June 17, 2006, 12:59:23 PM »

Correct Tim, it's on the R2 SE DVD. It was made for ABC if I'm right.

I'm still waiting for the Region 1 SE DVDs of this, FFDM, and DYS. But judging by the way things look I don't think MGM Sony will be releasing these any time soon.   :'(

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #8 : June 17, 2006, 02:59:22 PM »

With the recent Fox acquisition of MGM/UA film rights from Sony, we may see them sooner then we think (+ original mono knowing Fox)

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #9 : June 17, 2006, 04:57:05 PM »

With the recent Fox acquisition of MGM/UA film rights from Sony, we may see them sooner then we think (+ original mono knowing Fox)

I hope so. You're lucky you live on the other side of the pond where those SE DVDs are already out.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines