Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 05:46:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Treat Williams
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Treat Williams  (Read 7043 times)
BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 06:16:48 PM »

When are you planning on watching the movie BeauButabi?
I actually just ordered it from amazon last night, so if I get it this week, either Friday or Saturday night should be movie night.

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 08:45:13 AM »

That's the spirit !!

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 01:31:38 PM »

I actually just ordered it from amazon last night, so if I get it this week, either Friday or Saturday night should be movie night.

I hope you enjoy it. If you like the other Leone films you'll like OUATIA. My favorite is still and always will be OUATITW but OUATIA is a close second on my favorites list.

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »

I was clicking through the channels yesterday and was checking out the TV Guide Channel.   A lot of times they have annoying gossip or interviews of people I really have no interest in listening to.  Yesterday they had an interview with Treat Williams.  I didn't catch it all.  Would imagine they'll run it over quite a few times.  He's been working quite a bit in television the last few years with various television series.  In the course of the interview, he talked about some of the highlights of his career.  He talked a little about Prince Of The City and how it was an important role in his film career.  He had nothing but praise for Sidney Lumet.  He indicated it was a joy to work for him because he had been an actor himself, and he basically felt that Lumet was an "actor's director", and also considered him one of the great American directors he'd worked with.  He talked some about 1941.   He stated that his opinion was that Steven Spielberg may of had too grand intentions for the film and that one of the things that contributed to the disaster of the film was that perhaps there were just too many characters.  He didn't feel that his career was sidetracked or impacted negatively by the failure of the film.  He talked a bit about some of the things he had done in television throughout his career and talked a little bit about playing Stanley Kowalski in the 1983 television production of  A Streetcar Named Desire with Ann Margaret.  He said he didn't feel intimidated about taking the role which is so completely identified with Brando.  He said he felt every actor should try to stretch and take on such roles, including the great roles of Shakespeare, in their career.  If an actor became so concerned about comparisons to others or the criticism, they'd just go crazy.

The discussion returned to his film career and the interviewer asked him of all his film roles which was his favorite.  He paused and responded it would be difficult for him to choose one.  He went on to mention five roles.  Interestingly, he left off Prince Of The City .  The five he chose were.......

Hair  he mentioned that one first and without hesitation.

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead he really didn't personalize that mention because the interviewer emphatically agreed that it was one of her favorites that he had been in....

Once Upon A Time In America  He mentioned OUATIA somewhere in the middle.  Before he said it, he qualified it with the remark that he had a small role and part in the film....but the film is so beautiful he just had to mention it... I had hoped he would talk a little more about it or about Sergio, but he continued on with his selections.

Smooth Talk  his tone of voice seemed to express it was an important film for him, he only mentioned his costar
Laura Dern

and he then made room for one of his television films and rounded out the five with the cable film The Late Shift.

mal247
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »

Thank you for the info Noodles_SlowStir.   Afro

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 04:04:58 PM »

Yeah, if you've not seen Prince of the City you're in for a real . . . heh . . .  Treat. Cheesy

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »

I really like Deep Rising myself.

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: