Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2018, 07:45:58 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  For those of you who have seen Yojimbo...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Clint Eastwood vs. Toshiro Mifune: Who would win in a duel?
Eastwood shoots Mifune dead.   -5 (35.7%)
Eastwood shoots the knife out of Mifune's hand.   -2 (14.3%)
Mifune throws his knife at Eastwood's throat.   -1 (7.1%)
Mifune throws his knife at Eastwood's Peacemaker.   -0 (0%)
Same as 4, only Eastwood picks up his Peacemaker and shoots Mifune in cold blood.   -1 (7.1%)
Both die.   -1 (7.1%)
Both shoot the weapon out of the other's hand.   -4 (28.6%)
: 11

: For those of you who have seen Yojimbo...  ( 8644 )
whenthechimesend..
Bandido

when the chimes end, pick up your gun.

« : June 20, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »

Well the poll has many options that talk by themselves, so please post your thoughts.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #1 : June 23, 2006, 07:52:27 AM »

Clint is just the best, and nobody can really be a threat for him. However, I'm sure he would love his opponent, that's why he owuldn't kill him. So, number 2  8)

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #2 : June 23, 2006, 10:06:50 AM »

If it was sword on sword action, Clint would be chopped up quickly into tiny little pieces.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #3 : June 23, 2006, 02:14:29 PM »

I don't know about Mifune vs. Eastwood because I never saw a Toshiro Mifune movie but what about John Wayne vs. Clint Eastwood? No competition there ( Eastwood ).   ::)

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #4 : June 23, 2006, 03:30:57 PM »

Wouldn't happen...Yojimbo would not get into a duel ...sword against gun....their confrontation would take another form...what kind of form?....i dunno  ???

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Tim

« #5 : June 23, 2006, 04:24:49 PM »

The first thing to come to mind when I read the question......Raiders of the Lost Ark.  If they're far enough away, Mifune might be showing off his ability with the sword.  Eastwood would simply draw his gun and shoot him non-chalantly, just like Indiana Jones does in the movie.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #6 : June 23, 2006, 04:51:37 PM »

In YOJIMBO Mifune would be far too lazy and laid back to do any show off moves. He'd be too busy sitting scraching his lice and grinning sardonicaly. Indeed this thread has reminded me of something Eli Wallach said at the National Film Theatre a few weeks ago.

When he was offered a part in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN he said to the producer that he wanted to play the Mifune role from THE SEVEN SAMURAI. He was slightly dismayed when he was told that that character would be the romantic lead now, and they wanted him to play the bandit chief. This was a rather small part in Kurosawa's film, and Eli built up the character by adding more and more detail of his own.

It strikes me now though that Eli was possibly playing Tuco exactly as he would have if he had been given the role he really wanted in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN. He was playing Tuco as though he was Toshirô Mifune.

« : June 23, 2006, 05:27:39 PM Juan Miranda »

Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

« #7 : June 23, 2006, 05:19:06 PM »

In Red Sun, Mifune had contol over Bronson (lLink) with his sword until Bronson mangaged to get "equipped".  Then they became partners.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #8 : June 25, 2006, 09:41:53 PM »

In Red Sun, Mifune had contol over Bronson (lLink) with his sword until Bronson mangaged to get "equipped".  Then they became partners.

I heard Red Sun was shot in Spain. Was that true?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #9 : June 25, 2006, 09:57:24 PM »

Yea its a good film & shot in Almeria or close by, you'll definitely recognize some of the landscapes and the train.  8)

I'd buy it if it was out on a DVD for sure.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #10 : June 25, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »

Yea its a good film & shot in Almeria or close by, you'll definitely recognize some of the landscapes and the train.  8)

I'd buy it if it was out on a DVD for sure.

I saw that scene with the train. The Japanese ambassador was on it right? Wasn't that Morton's train in OUATITW?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #11 : June 25, 2006, 10:36:48 PM »

Can't say positive but probably. It also has Capucine, and Ursula Andress, a good film.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #12 : June 26, 2006, 08:47:29 AM »

It strikes me now though that Eli was possibly playing Tuco exactly as he would have if he had been given the role he really wanted in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN. He was playing Tuco as though he was Toshirô Mifune.
Wow...great insight!

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #13 : June 27, 2006, 11:10:02 AM »

Wouldn't happen...Yojimbo would not get into a duel ...sword against gun....their confrontation would take another form...what kind of form?....i dunno  ???

Maybe stg like the whole relationship between Mortimer and Monco... I mean they would become ally, but trying to trap each other... I think both of them is machiavelic enough for that:)

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #14 : July 29, 2006, 06:44:22 PM »

Yeah, totally. When I first heard that Eli was in Magnificent Seven the first thought in my head was, "Oh, he must play the equivalent of Kikuchiyo."

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines