Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 10:05:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Giu La Testa Soundtrack
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Giu La Testa Soundtrack  (Read 8694 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »

Me too.  I think we should co-direct something.  Grin

Sounds good to me.  Wink

It could be like Sam Peckinpah meets Sergio leone!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 11:29:55 AM by The Peacemaker » Logged

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 09:34:40 AM »

It also has to do with a toleration for something older than yourself which is something missing from my generation.

It has. I'm somewhat older, but still a teenager, and I know this too well. But I have always more appreciated things older than me than those that seemed modern, so I had no problem with appreciating Leone's films. Wink I started with knowing the music - I have always loved main theme from GBU - I guess I must have been really small child in the beginning, that made me want to see it, and, many years later, made me sit down and watch the film. After the first ten minutes without speaking I knew this is what I will love... And after the final shootout and with all those memorable quotes I just had to see it again next day. That made me interested in other Leone's films.

Yes, try to shoot such film again! I wish there were more. You only need to find your Ennio Morricone too, I guess this will be a problem... just stealing his music wouldn't be good.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »

Yes, try to shoot such film again! I wish there were more. You only need to find your Ennio Morricone too, I guess this will be a problem... just stealing his music wouldn't be good.

Trust me Marmota-b I would never steal Morricone's score for my own films, I'm not Tarantino ( how I LOATHE him!  Grin ). When I make a film I won't try to over-shadow Leone like Tarantino does too but pay a loving tribute to his under-appreciated work.

The problem is a good western has to be made in mainstream cinema. The only westerns put into mainstream are Wild Wild West and that kind of crap, and don't get me started on that Bandidas thing!

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 12:18:50 AM »

Trust me Marmota-b I would never steal Morricone's score for my own films, I'm not Tarantino ( how I LOATHE him!  Grin ).

Haha, I didn't want to see Kill Bill, but when they played it in the bus I was traveling with... I closed my eyes, but I heard it. And when I heard Il Tramonto, I was ANGRY on him! So though many people dig Tarantino, I will never!  Grin

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 12:21:17 AM »

this is directed at both Peacemaker and Marmota...

what movie was it that turned you off to Tarantino?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 12:26:30 AM »

what movie was it that turned you off to Tarantino?

You mean, what made me angry on him? Well, I first realised there is somebody like him, when Kill Bill appeared - and because I didn't think I would like it, and when I heard my friends talking about it, I didn't want to see it. And the rest you already know - I realised he used Il Tramonto (and loads of other stolen music), so the solution was clear.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

You mean, what made me angry on him? Well, I first realised there is somebody like him, when Kill Bill appeared - and because I didn't think I would like it, and when I heard my friends talking about it, I didn't want to see it. And the rest you already know - I realised he used Il Tramonto (and loads of other stolen music), so the solution was clear.

he has better films.

"Pulp fiction" and "Jackie Brown" are films that I hold as the best films of the 90's (though thats not saying much).

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 12:33:27 AM »

"Pulp fiction" and "Jackie Brown" are films that I hold as the best films of the 90's (though thats not saying much).

I have also heard Jackie Brown is good. But Tarantino will never be better than Leone! I think I'm somewhat slanted in matter of film music... Am I pampered by Morricone and other good composers? I think film should have its own soundtrack. Then it is level higher.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 12:35:23 AM »

I have also heard Jackie Brown is good. But Tarantino will never be better than Leone! I think I'm somewhat slanted in matter of film music... Am I pampered by Morricone and other good composers? I think film should have its own soundtrack. Then it is level higher.

Tarantino usually takes pop culture music and puts it in his films. Say what you want about his films,  the man has great taste in music theres no doubt about that.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 12:37:41 AM »

Say what you want about his films,  the man has great taste in music theres no doubt about that.

All right. But I just don't like this habbit. I bear it in comedies (and my favourite one has its own soundtrack by my favourite musician, so still it isn't what one has to do when making a comedy!)

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 12:40:59 AM »

All right. But I just don't like this habbit. I bear it in comedies (and my favourite one has its own soundtrack by my favourite musician, so still it isn't what one has to do when making a comedy!)

and agree. Perhaps Tarantino's style is not for you. which is fine.
I think he is suddenly losing it anyway. Thats what happens When a director becomes a celebrity.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 12:51:47 AM »

I think he is suddenly losing it anyway. Thats what happens When a director becomes a celebrity.
[/quote

Yes, such a pity. I should see Jackie Brown, maybe I would like it better.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 12:53:33 AM »

Pf, I didn't want my reply to look like this.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 02:43:41 PM by marmota-b » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 12:57:23 AM »

Pf, I didn't want my reply to look likė this.

now you have to teach me something...

whats "pf" stand for?

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 01:07:37 AM »

now you have to teach me something...

whats "pf" stand for?

Haha, it's just a Czech interjection - is that the right term? It means - well, I don't know what it means, it's just that I make such sound.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM