Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:50:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Pirates of the Carribean 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pirates of the Carribean 2  (Read 17042 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 10:59:13 AM »

That's why I go to Hollywood Video. It has a great selection, and if you go up to the front desk and ask for a movie made below the year of 1990 they won't laugh at you.   Grin
I have a Hollywood video not far from my house but I always had that mind set where you think Blockbuster is the rental shop to end all rental shops so you never get wise and head to another place.

damn their marketing campaigns!

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 07:19:43 PM »

I had been confused many times along the way, but I still found it entertaining. I'm just glad that a movie almost three hours with a complex plot IS the number one film of the year so far rather than some romance comedy with an obvious formula tailor made for people with short attention spans. I also enjoy Johnny Depp and the 18'th century, so it was a real treat Wink I liked the fact that there was something new and unique with each new scene, and I loved the production design. That organ! Shocked

During the *SPOILERS*

scene where they have the three way sword fight

*SPOILERS* I thought to myself "Imagine what it would have been like if our dear Sergio lived to make a pirate movie?" that would have been amazing.

I saw it on a big movie screen, Muvico in Boca down here in South Florida and it was the fun kind of movie experience I haven't had in a long time where I could sit in the movie theater and have a fresh new experience. I never usually go into theaters expecting to see The Godfather or a Leone/Kubrick-minded film, so I just hope it's something to enjoy. I think there are going to be some amazing movies coming out soon. The new Bertolucci film, Milos Forman's Goya's Ghosts, etc. but that's for another thread.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 07:25:23 PM by Poggle » Logged
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »

*SPOILERS*

scene where they have the three way sword fight

*SPOILERS*

I'm pretty sure if I go see this movie I'll be the only one in the theater to say " Cool! It's the GBU! "

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

The three way sword fight was an inspiring idea but the execution of it was terrible. It was mostly quick cuts with some sound effects. you dont actually see the grace of the sword fight.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2006, 06:55:49 PM »

It was tacked on as if it was an afterthought.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

Now that I think of it there was a certain feeling I got watching this that I usually get when watching experimental SW's. In way it's like a lighthearted experimental SW-type flick with all of the gags and interesting ideas, like a Corbucci. Not nearly as gritty or violent of course Grin But you probably understand what I'm trying to say, don't you?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2006, 05:51:16 AM »

exactly, nothing was tight, probably because they shot the next installment at the same time and didn't want to cut anything, when they should have.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Christopher
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2006, 09:41:13 AM »

I enjoyed the movie. I wouldn't say it was as good as the first, but this one had some fun scenes in it. The first one was really a surprise to me. I didn't see it until last summer and really loved it. Johnny Depp has become one of my favorite actors.

I think an authentic pirate movie would be very interesting to see, but obviously you're not going to get that in these movies that are played for fun. Dead Man's Chest is more like a live action cartoon.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2006, 01:56:09 PM »

Depp's intro to "Dead Man's chest" was better than his intro in the first.
That shooting out of the coffin thing was funny and clever.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »

I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but there's a great LucasArts game called The Curse of Monkey Island(Part of a series of games) that was inspired by the Pirates ride in Disneyworld and it's interesting how the movie feels almost exactly like the video game, almost the same exact atmosphere and look, and some very interesting coincedences, though the humor in both is almost exactly the same style of goofiness. There's a bald midget pirate in both, there's a black voodoo woman living in the swamp in both, and on the beginning of Curse of Monkey Island the character Guybrush is introduced floating in the ocean on a bumper car, much like Depp in the coffin.

I can't wait for Keef to be in the third one. That'll be the best thing to happen to cinema in a long time Tongue

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2006, 02:56:02 PM »

Guybrush is introduced floating in the ocean on a bumper car, much like Depp in the coffin.

a bumper car?

I'm still undecided about whether Richards being in the third film is a good idea or not. I think it would be to much like "Indiana Jones and the Last crusade" type feature.

It can make or break the third film. The relationship between him and Depp has to be just right.

anyway...arent those just rumors that he will be in the third one?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2006, 03:00:11 PM »

as far as the two rides go I must say Anaheim has the one-up on the Orlando attraction. Theres is much longer and the battle between the ship and the fort is so cinematic by comparison to the orlando version which has pathetic excuses for cannon ball explosions.

Jack Sparrow has been added to the ride along with a neat hologram of Davy Jones coming out of a waterfall.

At first I thought this would be an awful idea but they did a good job and it actually enhances the experience.
Saw the new version in Disneyland. Not sure what changes they have done to Disney world yet...I'm sure it will be the smae thing.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »

The times I've read it it never sounded like it was being stated as rumor, but I can't find the story. I remember hearing something on the order of Keef filming for a week.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdYJe4oAVO&mode=related&search=

EDIT:damn. I had an interview that mentions Richards as maybe playing Jack's daddy but the link took me right back to "youtube's" main page.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 03:24:28 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006, 02:12:50 PM »

Hey Granpa chum! your prayers have been answered!

when watching Clerks 2 last night at the pictures a trailer came on that depicted what looks to be a violent viking movie.
The vikings themselves look really terrifying with their large battle gear.

its called "pathfinder" I think... should be out by christmas I presume.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM