Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2018, 08:27:39 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  You're not fooling anybody Mr. Weisser!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
: You're not fooling anybody Mr. Weisser!  ( 37722 )
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #60 : October 27, 2006, 05:57:38 PM »

Does this mean there has to be a new "Your not fooling anyone Mr Banjo" thread? :-[

Actually, a committee has been formed to go back & check all of your posts for accuracy  ::)
nya..a ah!!!!!!!!

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #61 : October 28, 2006, 04:14:38 AM »

Do you want my resignation now? :'(

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #62 : October 28, 2006, 04:26:28 AM »

Do you want my resignation now? :'(

That won't be necessary....of course...you may be downgraded to "Used to be Member Extraordinaire...but ain't anymore...bucko!!"..but it's all dependent on the commitee's investigation...& the appointment of an independent arbitrator.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Tim

« #63 : October 28, 2006, 06:40:42 AM »

Tim,i guess that most of these films are so obscure that the publishers had no way of telling whether Weisser was for real or not.

Good point, Banjo, I hadn't thought of it that way.  And you're right, I haven't heard of most of the movies you and Firecracker are bringing up!  ;D

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #64 : November 17, 2006, 05:33:56 AM »

Weissers book is not quite the comprehensive list of every sw made as is claimed.I've just got hold of the following movie directed by Guido Celano:-

http://imdb.com/title/tt0211711/

and theres no sign of it in the book ;D but it does include the other sw he directed Piluk,the Timid One from 1968 ::)

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

« #65 : November 17, 2006, 06:20:33 AM »

I think perhaps Weisser watches the films in the same manner as me (i.e. with a box of wine).  I know sometimes my recollections of films are impaired as a result of this!  ;D

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #66 : May 12, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »

Just finished APOCALYPSE JOE (aka MAN CALLED JOE CLIFFORD) and in his review Weisser states that the villain (Fajardo) poses as Steffen's uncle.
This doesn't happen in any way shape or form. First I thought there may be a difference in dubbing (I viewed the english dub) but the way the story is strutured it doesn't look possible that the Fajardo character would pose as Steffen's uncle because it is made very clear from the get go that Steffen has inherited a properity from his DEAD uncle.

Not a major lie from resident doofus Weisser but a lie all the same.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #67 : May 13, 2007, 12:28:08 AM »

Just finished APOCALYPSE JOE (aka MAN CALLED JOE CLIFFORD) and in his review Weisser states that the villain (Fajardo) poses as Steffen's uncle.
This doesn't happen in any way shape or form. First I thought there may be a difference in dubbing (I viewed the english dub) but the way the story is strutured it doesn't look possible that the Fajardo character would pose as Steffen's uncle because it is made very clear from the get go that Steffen has inherited a properity from his DEAD uncle.

I'll check this film out very soon FC. ;D

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #68 : May 13, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »

I just finished.Not a major lie but its obvious Weisser was taking down the wrong notes from someone who had actually seen the movie.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #69 : May 14, 2007, 11:32:24 PM »

Not a major lie

Here's a major one.

Weisser "reviews" Death Played the Flute. However he doesn't say much about the picture. Just some tidbits on how Leone's OUATITW was an influence because of the instrument playing gunfighter that the title implies. In fact...he doesn't talk about the film at all.

Later in the book he reviews a film titled Requiem For a Bounty Hunter. He goes into extensive detail about the plot here, going so far as to giving away the surprise ending (which he does frequently in this book the fucking bastard >:().
The plot he describes sounds very familiar to me...
Oh that's right! It's because IT IS Death Plays the Flute.

The grimy douche thought he'd be clever and review the same movie twice under different titles to fool the public.
The title Requiem for a bounty hunter is the Aka title for the film Death played the flute.

He even got the dates wrong. DPTF was released in 1972. According to weisser RFABH was released two years before.
And RFABH couldn't be the reissue title because that one is called Requiem for a bounty KILLER(which strangely he didn't review ::)).

Hardly surprising as he did the same with the "Holy Ghost" movie. he led us to believe their were two directed by Carnimeo and starring Garko. In reality their is only one (for which he should be sentenced to death for giving me blue balls).

« : May 14, 2007, 11:36:09 PM The Firecracker »

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #70 : May 15, 2007, 03:34:06 AM »

Here's a major one.

Weisser "reviews" Death Played the Flute. However he doesn't say much about the picture. Just some tidbits on how Leone's OUATITW was an influence because of the instrument playing gunfighter that the title implies. In fact...he doesn't talk about the film at all.

Later in the book he reviews a film titled Requiem For a Bounty Hunter. He goes into extensive detail about the plot here, going so far as to giving away the surprise ending (which he does frequently in this book the fucking bastard >:().
The plot he describes sounds very familiar to me...
Oh that's right! It's because IT IS Death Plays the Flute.

The grimy douche thought he'd be clever and review the same movie twice under different titles to fool the public.
The title Requiem for a bounty hunter is the Aka title for the film Death played the flute.

He even got the dates wrong. DPTF was released in 1972. According to weisser RFABH was released two years before.
And RFABH couldn't be the reissue title because that one is called Requiem for a bounty KILLER(which strangely he didn't review ::)).
Yes i traded a dvd for Death Plays The Flute and upon reading Weissers reviewed i was convinced for a short while that i'd been sent the wrong film ie Requiem For A Bounty Hunter but of course they are the same film. ;D

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #71 : May 17, 2007, 02:55:15 PM »

I just watched Cjamango(1967) today,a really excellent sw which in many respects reminds me of FOD but i'll go into that more when i write a review elsewhere.

Anyway the blooper. :)

Weisser says that Cjamango's girlfriend(she's not actually) Perla  jumps a Mexican bandit El Tigre as he's about to kill our hero causing her to be fatally wounded.

Total rubbish!!!

In actual fact Perla is shot in the back about 20 minutes before this end scene by a henchman of a rival bandit,Don Pablo.She manages to drag herself on her front to the outside just when El Tigre's about to shoot Cjamango ,shouts out our hero's name and as El Tigre is distracted this gives Cjamango enough time to dive for his gun and shoot the bandit dead.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #72 : May 17, 2007, 11:58:40 PM »

I just watched Cjamango(1967) today,a really excellent sw which in many respects reminds me of FOD but i'll go into that more when i write a review elsewhere.

Anyway the blooper. :)

Weisser says that Cjamango's girlfriend(she's not actually) Perla  jumps a Mexican bandit El Tigre as he's about to kill our hero causing her to be fatally wounded.

Total rubbish!!!

In actual fact Perla is shot in the back about 20 minutes before this end scene by a henchman of a rival bandit,Don Pablo.She manages to drag herself on her front to the outside just when El Tigre's about to shoot Cjamango ,shouts out our hero's name and as El Tigre is distracted this gives Cjamango enough time to dive for his gun and shoot the bandit dead.

Thanks for the spoiler!  :(

I'm looking forward to the Wild East release of this.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #73 : May 18, 2007, 01:36:01 AM »

Thanks for the spoiler!  :(

I'm looking forward to the Wild East release of this.
But this whole topic is a spoiler thread. :-\

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #74 : May 18, 2007, 01:41:01 AM »

But this whole topic is a spoiler thread. :-\

you're right. Let me put a disclaimer on the first post.

« : May 18, 2007, 01:48:41 AM The Firecracker »

: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines