Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2018, 11:56:14 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Mancos hat after shoutoout
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Mancos hat after shoutoout  ( 9780 )
Faisalha9159
Chicken Thief

« : July 15, 2006, 09:11:45 AM »

I am not sure whether someone has brought up this point before......but anyway....

Why doesn`t Mancos hat have a single hole in it after Colonel DOuglas Mortimer blasts it into air repeatedly in their first confrontation at night, outside the hotel where Lee Van Cleef is staying? I mean we even get to see a close up of the hat..and I couldn`t see any holes at all.

"The question isn`t in discreet......but the answer could be"

Tim

« #1 : July 15, 2006, 09:51:36 AM »

Was Mortimer actually shooting the hat?  Maybe he'd just wing the brim or shoot under it.  I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.  But I'm thinking it was just a matter of not destroying a prop, a rather important one that is in just about every scene.  Can you imagine Manco walking around with an old tattered hat full of bulletholes?   :o

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #2 : July 15, 2006, 11:21:40 AM »

Actually if I remember correctly there are bulletholes ( really tiny ones, a bit too small for a real bullet )  in his hat near the top. They're seen in FOD too.

Beebs

« #3 : July 15, 2006, 01:04:05 PM »

The little ones your talking about are just for effect I think. Not bullet holes.

They just didn't want to destroy the important prop, you're right. And Mortimer's hat is spotless too.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #4 : July 15, 2006, 01:06:29 PM »

The little ones your talking about are just for effect I think. Not bullet holes.

They are a bit too small. I wonder why they punched tiny holes in his hat for.

Beebs

« #5 : July 15, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »

Don't really look like holes, more like cuts or creases. Except that one on the right

« : July 15, 2006, 03:35:37 PM Beebs »
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #6 : July 15, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »

Don't really look like holes, more like cuts or creases. Except that one on the right

Nice pic. You got that from the HD DVD?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : July 15, 2006, 04:00:44 PM »

I think we went over this once before but felt has memory shoot or punch a hole through it and the flap closes up again showing just a ragged cut along the edge which would be hard to see. Shoot a hole or stick a pemcil  through a piece of paper and the hole shows and stays open (no memory).

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #8 : July 15, 2006, 04:27:05 PM »

I think we went over this once before but felt has memory shoot or punch a hole through it and the flap closes up again showing just a ragged cut along the edge which would be hard to see. Shoot a hole or stick a pemcil  through a piece of paper and the hole shows and stays open (no memory).

That could be it.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #9 : July 16, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »

Quite correct CJ...here is the previous post

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=1403.0

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #10 : July 16, 2006, 05:38:38 PM »

8)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Beebs

« #11 : July 17, 2006, 08:43:31 PM »

Nice pic. You got that from the HD DVD?

Just the DVD I got for 5.99 in a small general store in Kansas.

It's a much bigger picture just shrunk by imageshack.us. Maybe that's why it looks so High Def.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #12 : July 18, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »

Just the DVD I got for 5.99 in a small general store in Kansas.

It's a much bigger picture just shrunk by imageshack.us. Maybe that's why it looks so High Def.

The color looks a bit brighter too. I don't know what I've been smoking.   ;D

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #13 : July 18, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »

saw the HD Blu ray(or whatever) at Best Buy. They were playing a film and I saw the picture quality. wasnt impressed. Not much different from dvds if at all.

dont give a rats ass if they decide to finally release the first two dollars films on blu ray. I'll stick with my german copies thank you.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
sadhill
Bandido

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« #14 : July 18, 2006, 06:29:08 PM »

They make a point to show the hats after the shooting skills in the street when the are inside having a drink. You have to enhance the screen grabs. You can clearly see holes in both hats sitting on the table, and it looks like they were pushed back out/closed a bit, maybe repaired somehow later in the movie.

and there might actually be two hats? Notice that one is taller than the other. maybe just the crown top is pushed in more, but also the leather band buckle switches sides.

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines