Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 12:36:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATIA-DVD review
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OUATIA-DVD review  (Read 8492 times)
rot66
Road Apple

Helllloooo!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2003, 10:54:41 AM »

Chrille!

It was filmed in 1.85:1, just the way it is on the DVD.

Tor

Chrille
Road Apple

Belch!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 06:12:10 PM »

Really? I thought most if not all films were shot in 2.35 from the beginning of the 70's. All is well then :p

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2004, 09:38:25 AM »

OK, finally got around to watching Once/America DVD and.............First of all, even though I was huge Leone fan since 1968, I DIDN'T see it at heater (Arizona) when it was first released here, as it was the butchered chronological version (my brother saw it).  In early 1985, an art house showed the "flashback version" and I saw it then.  Since then I've seen it twice on Cinemax cable, and it was same as what I saw in 1985, I believe (I do have a copy of that on VHS tape).  Back to now, the DVD has a bunch more scenes than either of these previous versions, everyone make sure to give the DVD a good look, it's really amazing, and does flow better.  I especially liked the beginning and also the flashback to 1924 when Noodles is with Bailey.  I haven't had time yet to watch the special features, and to compare the DVD beginning to the one on my videotape.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM