Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:18:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tomas Milian?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tomas Milian?  (Read 25101 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 09:09:31 PM »

No.  Embarrassed

Shocked

just for the sake of arguement...

There should be no remake for the sake of making DYS popular. if anything it should be advertised to the public that this movie exist. Those who are interested will look into it and those who arent lose one more wonderful experience they could have had in their life.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 09:18:32 PM »

Shocked

just for the sake of arguement...

There should be no remake for the sake of making DYS popular. if anything it should be advertised to the public that this movie exist. Those who are interested will look into it and those who arent lose one more wonderful experience they could have had in their life.

Unfortunately they tried doing that a few years ago. The Film Forum in Manhattan released the film for almost two weeks and although the New York Times had some good things to say about it, it still did not increase it's popularity.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 09:22:55 PM »

Unfortunately they tried doing that a few years ago. The Film Forum in Manhattan released the film for almost two weeks and although the New York Times had some good things to say about it, it still did not increase it's popularity.

well trying is trying. It wont hurt to try again.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »

well trying is trying. It wont hurt to try again.

Film Forum only shows a film once and unless it has popular demand to bring it back, they don't replay it.

I was really pissed about DYS. It came out in the theaters a few months after I saw it for the first time. I went to my house one day and my aunt was home and she told me DYS was at the Film Forum. I was excited to see it but she told me that it was too late. It was out the week before. I said to her " why didn't you tell me? " and she said she just forgot. I was really pissed off that day.

Tim
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 11:12:03 AM »

I think the thing that would help DYS get more attention/publicity would be a DVD release, it doesn't even have to be a special edition.  Most movie fans have at least heard of Sergio Leone, so if they've seen the Dollars trilogy, OUATITW or OUATIA, they'd probably jump at the chance to see another Leone movie.  Or at least that's how I see it.

The main thing holding DYS back is that there isn't a good release on DVD or VHS for people to buy it.  The five other Leone movies are all readily available for those curious in seeing the movies.

And as for a remake, I'm not sure.  But Peacemaker, you're on the right track.  If it's gonna be made, at least make it a proper remake.  And of all Leone's movies, I think DYS is the most ripe for a remake.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 12:38:40 PM »

And as for a remake, I'm not sure.  But Peacemaker, you're on the right track.  If it's gonna be made, at least make it a proper remake.  And of all Leone's movies, I think DYS is the most ripe for a remake.

The other movies don't have to be remade they're already popular enough. DYS is barely heard of.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 02:31:44 PM »

The other movies don't have to be remade they're already popular enough. DYS is barely heard of.

DYS has enough cult fan base of people here in America who havent seen it but want to. When and if a dvd is released it will get the attention it deserves. mind you it will take years for it to be as known as say...OUATITW ( which is still virtually unknown compared to the Dollars film).

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 02:38:01 PM »

DYS has enough cult fan base of people here in America who havent seen it but want to. When and if a dvd is released it will get the attention it deserves. mind you it will take years for it to be as known as say...OUATITW ( which is still virtually unknown compared to the Dollars film).

DYS needs to have a DVD release, but you think it's going to happen anytime soon?   Roll Eyes

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »

DYS needs to have a DVD release, but you think it's going to happen anytime soon?   Roll Eyes

oh those people who are bringing out the blu rey (or whatever) will definatly release the long awaited special editions of the first two dollar films and DYS. Anything to make a quick buck they'll do it. And their gonna be sappin our money away for years to come by making the oober editions of films we already have three times over!

But were fools and we fall for it.

supply and demand.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 02:43:17 PM »

oh those people who are bringing out the blu rey (or whatever) will definatly release the long awaited special editions of the first two dollar films and DYS. Anything to make a quick buck they'll do it. And their gonna be sappin our money away for years to come by making the oober editions of films we already have three times over!

But were fools and we fall for it.

supply and demand.

I hope so. These movies need special editions.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »

They sure do indeed

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 02:02:56 AM »

I love Milian but i'm not sure if he could've conveyed such a compelling emotional performance as Steiger so i guess i'd need to see Milian in a more serious role than evidenced in his sw's-offhand i can't think of any examples here where Milian moves me as much as Steigers Juan.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 11:44:36 AM »

So, besides Milian and Nero, who else should be cast in the Giu la testa remake?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 02:14:16 PM »

So, besides Milian and Nero, who else should be cast in the Giu la testa remake?

Abbot and Costello Undecided... ?

McDowall was once mentioned for the part of John. think about it...

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 03:02:56 PM »

Abbot and Costello Undecided... ?

McDowall was once mentioned for the part of John. think about it...

Malcolm McDowell would've made a great John. Plus I love his voice. I don't know why but I think British accents are cool.   Cool

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM