Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:09:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Noodles in sing-sing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noodles in sing-sing  (Read 4122 times)
bronson1995
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2003, 09:59:23 PM »

Just wondering about Noodles time....as stated in 'something to do with death' it was a six year stretch.
In the BFI book of OUATIA it is also mentioned at six years.

I have always had the idea that it was more like 12 years, as Deborah says 4344, 4343. This would tie in from where we see Noodles leaving the early 20's and returning 1933.

Any explanations or views fella's???

aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 03:20:56 AM »

Just wondering about Noodles time....as stated in 'something to do with death' it was a six year stretch.
In the BFI book of OUATIA it is also mentioned at six years.

I have always had the idea that it was more like 12 years, as Deborah says 4344, 4343. This would tie in from where we see Noodles leaving the early 20's and returning 1933.

Any explanations or views fella's???

I think that six years are too short for a double murder. Remember Noodles killed also A COP.
       12 years for a minor ( I estimate he was 15 years old) seem realistic no ?
        If he obtained a reduction for "good attitude" he left Sing-Sing after ten years, entering jail in             1920 and leaving it in 1930 after the beginning of prohibition
        Three years are enough to build a gang, help teamster syndicate, accept or not contracts and         make a fortune... ?

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
guybrush
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 03:30:44 AM »

Three years are enough to build a gang, help teamster syndicate, accept or not contracts and         make a fortune... ?
if three years are enough, I'm seriously considering to start that same activity in this very moment...
would anyone like to join me?  Grin

Thank God I'm an atheist
---
“What have you done all this time?”
“Going to bed early.”
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 04:31:11 AM »

if three years are enough, I'm seriously considering to start that same activity in this very moment...
would anyone like to join me?  Grin

So funny !
But you and me we need a real street-background as Noodles and the three muskeeters .
People who waste time to dream and chat about movies will never become good gangster. Wink

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
guy
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 03:41:22 AM »

sorry to keep going on about this people but i am refering back yet again to the hoods, harry grey. the book the film was taken from. in this noodles is the same age when arressted but for a lesser offence than a double murder, can't recall at moment what it was. anyway he only recieved a year and a half inside. i think sergio changed this part of the book for dramatic purposes. if we are looking at the film purely without any other info then noodles was inside for 8 years i think after recieving a 10 -12 year sentence.

"i like the stink of the streets, it makes me feel good. i like the smell of it, it opens up my lungs - and it gives me a hard on!"
alexander
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 08:09:15 PM »

do we know that noodles actually KILLED the cop? he could've simply wounded him...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM