Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 04:41:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Here's another contribution of rare photos
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here's another contribution of rare photos  (Read 153245 times)
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2006, 02:28:17 AM »

Le Bon, Iceman, thank you for your photos too. They are all great.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2006, 12:20:59 PM »

In Fraylings description of this scene, at our first sight of Frank, smartly dressed riding into town we are meant to think he is about to get married. When he is in the barbers Harmonica is watching him outside. Frank sees his reflection in the mirror and Harmonica has another flashback.  Jill arrives in a carriage sitting next to one of Frank's men. She talks to the Sheriff who seems suprised by the conversation. A man rushes into the barbers and tells them there is an auction of Mcbain's land if they are interested. Frank laughs to himself.                                                                      Then the first auction scene happens.
Next Harmonica knocks at one of the hotel room doors with a prearranged signal, glancing with regret at the pistol in his hand.
Then the second auction scene.
After that back at the barbers one of Frank's men is telling him the news. "He's still there in the hotel Frank. Say the word and we'll..." Frank just gets up and turning to the barber says "perfume".
And that's the end of the sequence.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2006, 01:48:47 PM »

In Fraylings description of this scene, at our first sight of Frank, smartly dressed riding into town we are meant to think he is about to get married. When he is in the barbers Harmonica is watching him outside. Frank sees his reflection in the mirror and Harmonica has another flashback.  Jill arrives in a carriage sitting next to one of Frank's men. She talks to the Sheriff who seems suprised by the conversation. A man rushes into the barbers and tells them there is an auction of Mcbain's land if they are interested. Frank laughs to himself.                                                                      Then the first auction scene happens.
Next Harmonica knocks at one of the hotel room doors with a prearranged signal, glancing with regret at the pistol in his hand.
Then the second auction scene.
After that back at the barbers one of Frank's men is telling him the news. "He's still there in the hotel Frank. Say the word and we'll..." Frank just gets up and turning to the barber says "perfume".
And that's the end of the sequence.

When are these deleted scenes going to be recovered?

I want to see them!!!   Angry

Thanks for the descriptions Le Bon.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2006, 04:22:11 PM »

again thanks for the images all  Wink

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »

again thanks for the images all  Wink

Hey Cigar Joe, I'm glad you are enjoying the images.

Here's another one. This is from my Leone archive. A Japanese Flyer of DYS for its first release. By this time, Leone was highly respected by Japanese. DYS was titled "The Sunset Gangs" in Japan.

Beebs
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2006, 06:25:51 PM »

That one with Frank gettin a shave, at first I thought it was from My Name Is Nobody

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2006, 07:12:53 PM »

Hey Cigar Joe, I'm glad you are enjoying the images.

Here's another one. This is from my Leone archive. A Japanese Flyer of DYS for its first release. By this time, Leone was highly respected by Japanese. DYS was titled "The Sunset Gangs" in Japan.

strange title for the movie but really nice poster!

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2006, 12:13:08 PM »

strange title for the movie but really nice poster!

The naming style is a sort of the tradition of United Artists in Japan who distributed this film. It started from "The Gunman of Sunset (FFDM). " GBU was "The Guman of Sunset Part 2." It may sound strange but "Death Rides a Horse" was titled "The Gunman of Sunset New Edition." FOD was distributed by a different company.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 12:21:15 PM by Sanjuro » Logged

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2006, 03:02:42 AM »

The below are Japanese posters for two great films that changed the course of film history. "Yojimbo" and "Fistful of Dollars." Both for their first release. Leone was billed as Bob Robertson then.

Back in late 80's, I met Kurosawa. He was still  angry with the unauthorized Italian adaptation of his "Yojimbo." He said he never wanted to see "Fistful of Dallars." Well, what can I say? I love both films.

"Fistful of Dollars" was distributed by a company called Towa which is an affiliate of Toho, which is ironically, the distributor of "Yojimbo." "Fistful" was a phenomenal hit in Japan as it was in Europe. "Fistful" was a dawn of the Macaroni Western phenomenon in Japan.

"Fistful of Dollars" was titled ironically (or should I say very appropriately) "Yojimbo of Wilderness." Following this, Towa released a series of Yojimbo westerns like. "Yojimbo of Wilderness Part 2 (Django)", "Yojimbo of Highnoon (Massacre Time)", "Yojimbo From South (Arizona Colt)" and "Yojimbo at Dawn (A Stranger in Town)."

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:50:36 AM by Sanjuro » Logged

Tim
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »

Great stuff, Sanjuro.  I really like that FOD with Joe riding past the noose.  It's a very bleak looking poster, but I think it fits the movie.

And how'd you meet Kurosawa, or in what setting?  In an interview or just happened to meet/see him somewhere?

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2006, 11:32:50 AM »

Great stuff, Sanjuro.  I really like that FOD with Joe riding past the noose.  It's a very bleak looking poster, but I think it fits the movie.

And how'd you meet Kurosawa, or in what setting?  In an interview or just happened to meet/see him somewhere?

I was writing for a Japanese movie magazine at that time. I met him at a Film Fest in SF.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »

These two are from an old Italian double LP brochure.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2006, 03:17:07 PM »

These two are from an old Italian double LP brochure.

The one of Eastwood near the Gatling Gun is Iceman's avatar.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »

Oh yes that's right...and in colour isn't it.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2006, 03:25:31 PM »

Oh yes that's right...and in colour isn't it.

Yep. The gatling gun or the battle ground in the back isn't part of the avatar.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM