Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 02:24:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Here's another contribution of rare photos
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here's another contribution of rare photos  (Read 153267 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2006, 10:51:10 PM »

This is from a relatively new Japanese book, "All About Macaroni Westerns." Can you tell which film this is from?

There's very little evidence to point to a specific film. I can narrow it down to FOD or FFDM because the gun Clint is loading is an 1873 Colt Peacemaker, the revolver he used in those two films.

In GBU, he carries an 1851 Colt Navy Conversion model   ( It is designed to hold cartridges instead of seperate cap and ball )  but without the ejection rod on the side  ( Which is fitted to the right of every revolver barrel that holds cartridges ).

Actually I just looked at the picture a second time and really paid attention and it's from FFDM. You can see the bandage on his right wrist.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2006, 11:02:55 PM »

There's very little evidence to point to a specific film. I can narrow it down to FOD or FFDM because the gun Clint is loading is an 1873 Colt Peacemaker, the revolver he used in those two films.

In GBU, he carries an 1851 Colt Navy Conversion model   ( It is designed to hold cartridges instead of seperate cap and ball )  but without the ejection rod on the side  ( Which is fitted to the right of every revolver barrel that holds cartridges ).

Actually I just looked at the picture a second time and really paid attention and it's from FFDM. You can see the bandage on his right wrist.

Shocked Very good observation! I can't really fool you. That's right, it's from FFDM. This is definitely one of rare photos, don't you agree?

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2006, 11:04:33 PM »

Shocked Very good observation! I can't really fool you. That's right, it's from FFDM. This is definitely one of rare photos, don't you agree?

What I find odd is that this looks like another one of those deleted scenes. He's reloading his gun in what appears to be a cave or mountainous area.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2006, 03:13:17 AM »

Great phot Sanjuro. I haven't seen this before. Does the book have many more rare photos. Yes it's from FAFDM. You can see the hand brace. And i think i can tell which scene it comes from. I think it's when he is loading his gun waiting for Indio's gang. That looks like part of the chair he is sitting on sticking up. Doesn't he sit on it the wrong way?? The rocks could be the ground by a building.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2006, 03:34:58 AM »

Great phot Sanjuro. I haven't seen this before. Does the book have many more rare photos. Yes it's from FAFDM. You can see the hand brace. And i think i can tell which scene it comes from. I think it's when he is loading his gun waiting for Indio's gang. That looks like part of the chair he is sitting on sticking up. Doesn't he sit on it the wrong way?? The rocks could be the ground by a building.

The book has lots of rare non-leone spaghettis. The nice thing about this book is it introduces 324 spaghettis!!

About the scene you described, I don't think the photo is from that scene. One, Clint in this photo is not wearing his poncho (in that waiting scene, he is wearing it). Two, he is not wearing his hat here. So, I have no idea what scene this photo is from.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 03:36:29 AM by Sanjuro » Logged

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2006, 10:50:44 AM »

I forgot he was wearing the poncho and hat in that scene. I had in mind another photo which looks like a rehearsal for this scene. I have posted the link below as i couldn't post the photo on here. So it looks like the close up is from another angle of this. The other pic below is a rehearsal of the entrance to Agua Caliente...note the rock behind him.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2085.msg19762#msg19762

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 11:10:44 AM by Le Bon » Logged
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2006, 01:33:27 PM »

I forgot he was wearing the poncho and hat in that scene. I had in mind another photo which looks like a rehearsal for this scene. I have posted the link below as i couldn't post the photo on here. So it looks like the close up is from another angle of this. The other pic below is a rehearsal of the entrance to Agua Caliente...note the rock behind him.

Thank you Le Bon, those are great photos too. As you say, seems like my last photo of Clint and Jordan's photo were taken at the same time. I love that photo of Clint walking in Agua Caliente without the poncho too. Thanks very much!

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2006, 01:58:46 PM »

Wow, not even the sheepskin vest!

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2006, 03:25:12 PM »

Must have been a hot day  Smiley 

I was looking through one of my books today and found these two pics. Perhaps Cheyenne and the sheriff are facing Frank and his men in the cut scene. The other one is from the cut scene at the beginning. You can see them turning the train around.

Sanjuro do you have a link to where you can get that Macaroni Westerns book. I tried Amazon.jp but had no luck.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2006, 03:27:43 PM »

Must have been a hot day  Smiley 

I was looking through one of my books today and found these two pics. Perhaps Cheyenne and the sheriff are facing Frank and his men in the cut scene. The other one is from the cut scene at the beginning. You can see them turning the train around.

The picture of Cheyenne and the sheriff is probably part of that frank deleted scene.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2006, 04:39:46 PM »

Le Bon, if you are refering to "All About Macaroni Westerns (Macaroni Western no Subete)," here's the link.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4891726652/249-6270504-5237100?v=glance&n=465392

BTW, what book are these two photos from? And what about that clint walking in Agua Caliente with no sheep skin vest? You have a great library!

The photo of Jill with men turning around the train must be taken when Jill and Sam were together (one of my color photos).

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2006, 05:15:12 PM »

Thanks for the link. I got the Macaroni posters book from there last year.

The pic of Clint walking is from my own stills collection but i have seen it in a book.  Can't remember which one right now. I think its also on a website. Maybe shobarys. I'll try and find out for you. The two others are from a French book called Sergio Leone by Gilles Cebe which i got from a 2nd hand book site abebooks.com.

Have you seen the other rare pics on this board. Go to Once Upon...West. 'Rare stills' or something and Good Bad Ugly. 'Behind the scenes pics'.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »

Thanks for the link. I got the Macaroni posters book from there last year.

The pic of Clint walking is from my own stills collection but i have seen it in a book.  Can't remember which one right now. I think its also on a website. Maybe shobarys. I'll try and find out for you. The two others are from a French book called Sergio Leone by Gilles Cebe which i got from a 2nd hand book site abebooks.com.

Have you seen the other rare pics on this board. Go to Once Upon...West. 'Rare stills' or something and Good Bad Ugly. 'Behind the scenes pics'.

You buy books from Japan and France. I admire your enthusiasm. I got a feeling you have more rare pics. Show us more, Le Bon, show us more!

And thank you for telling me about pics in old threads.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2006, 05:38:00 AM »

This is the cover of the Japanese GBU program booklet. The artwork is similar to the Japanese poster (the poster has LVC and EW, of course). Now you know why they call it "The Gunman of Sunset (Part 2)."

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2006, 02:00:30 PM »

This is the cover of the Japanese GBU program booklet. The artwork is similar to the Japanese poster (the poster has LVC and EW, of course). Now you know why they call it "The Gunman of Sunset (Part 2)."

I have this one, it came with my GBU SE DVD.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM