Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 04:16:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Here's another contribution of rare photos
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here's another contribution of rare photos  (Read 153174 times)
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2006, 12:41:39 PM »

I don't know if this is rare, but I thought I could include it...

http://western.oeiizk.waw.pl/filmy/Dawno_temu_na_DZ/dawno_temu_na_dz3.jpg

That's a good pic. I wonder why the image is so muddy.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2006, 12:50:37 PM »

Maybe it was scanned from a magazine? Or something like that.

BTW, that site belongs to my favourites. Not very detailled descriptions of the films, but a lot of texts about Wild West generally. But it won't be helpful for you, because it's in Polish... Roll Eyes I quite understand it fortunatelly.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 12:53:35 PM by marmota-b » Logged

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2006, 01:20:10 PM »

Maybe it was scanned from a magazine? Or something like that.

BTW, that site belongs to my favourites. Not very detailled descriptions of the films, but a lot of texts about Wild West generally. But it won't be helpful for you, because it's in Polish... Roll Eyes I quite understand it fortunatelly.

You're so multilingual!!

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »

They say multilingual people are very intelligent.  Wink

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2006, 11:27:21 PM »

You're so multilingual!!

Believe me, internet helps a lot! Polish is also Slavic language, as Czech, so some words are very similar, if you know the way Polish is written. Of course, reading it is much more tiring then reading Czech texts for me - but sometimes also much more fun, because of the work put into it. Wink Some words are completely different, but, if you see e.g. "zdjecia" fifty times on the same place and always it's a link to pictures, you'll soon realise what it means. Grin

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2006, 12:34:24 AM »

Believe me, internet helps a lot! Polish is also Slavic language, as Czech, so some words are very similar, if you know the way Polish is written. Of course, reading it is much more tiring then reading Czech texts for me - but sometimes also much more fun, because of the work put into it. Wink Some words are completely different, but, if you see e.g. "zdjecia" fifty times on the same place and always it's a link to pictures, you'll soon realise what it means. Grin

I know what you mean. Scandinavian languages are similar to each other too. I know a Scandinvian couple, husband is Norwegian and wife Swedish. They can communicate very well by speaking each own's language.

But learning different laguages from internet takes a lot effort. But then again, like Peacemaker said, multilingual people are intelligent people.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:36:29 AM by Sanjuro » Logged

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »

I'm not exactly learning, I cannot say I speak Polish. But I'm able to understand Polish a bit, also thanks to internet. But also because, as I wrote, somehow it's not so difficult for Czech if they aren't really stupid concerning languages, and that fortunatelly isn't my problem. My biggest experience with it was a Polish conductor, when we went to Lithuania. We spoke Czech, he spoke Polish, and we communicated very well.

But it's not so obvious as with Slovakian, that one I understand really well. But, again, I cannot say I speak Slovakian. Also because Slovaks understand Czech, so one doesn't need to speak their language. Wink

Even Russian can work like that, but that's much more difficult, because it really is different, the accents in it and many words that mean something completely different than in Czech - the most famous being "krasnyj (Ru) - krasny (Cz)" problem.

I guess it could be similar between Spanish - Portuguese - Italian (- Romanian), or Finnish - Estonian and so on. There are differences, however some things are very similar and if one wants to, it's not so difficult to understand, at least the main meaning of sentences. (And, be honest, in spoken language it's what most people can understand, when they speak that language. Sometimes even people who speak your language too fast cannot be understood better. Grin)

Huh, that was long! Actually, languages belong to my favourite issues, though I really cannot speak about them in such sophisticated way my sister and her philological friends do.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 31, 2006, 04:40:20 PM »

Here's another photo of that FAFDM cut scene.
You can clearly see the hand brace from this angle.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2006, 08:37:30 PM »

Here's another photo of that FAFDM cut scene.
You can clearly see the hand brace from this angle.

Le Bon, thank you for another rare photo. Although the hand brace is from FFDM, the river in the background is from FOD, isn't it?

I corrected the level of the photo.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2006, 11:22:58 PM »

But it seems to be mirrored, he wears the brace on right hand! However, really rare, I think.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2006, 12:12:20 AM »

But it seems to be mirrored, he wears the brace on right hand! However, really rare, I think.

Good observation, Marmota. The photo is flipped. I corrected that too.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »

Well, somehow I'm used to it, so it was strange... and also his pistol belt was mirrored, which proved it. I don't think Clint would suddenly wear both his brace and his pistol on left side! Grin Especially when the brace seems to be more like a glove, only for one certain hand.

But I can understand why it was mirrored. That way it looks more like that better known photo - so probably someone thought it's the way how it should be.

Yes, really interesting photo, Le Bon! Wink

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2006, 01:38:20 PM »

When i posted the above photo yesterday i thought the other photos from this scene were on this thread but  i was checking today and they are on fafdm here.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=3339.0

Yes Sanjuro this is the same location at Aldea Del Fresno used for the massacre in Fistful. This seems to be either a cut scene or a promotional shoot.

Thanks for improving the photo  Smiley

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2006, 11:21:43 PM »

Yes, I remember that thread, but I wouldn't be able to find it again, so thanks for posting the link.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2006, 09:28:47 AM »

I found that photo I posted a link to in a book, Wolfgang Ebert's Wilder Westen (the Czech edition of it). But because it's only a copy I borrowed from library, I think it wouldn't be right if I posted it here.
So I'm just telling you to know.
(Though publishing such book in USA would probably be bringing owls to Athenes... It's German originally.)

I haven't found time to reading it properly yet, so I canot tell you what is the book like. I only can tell you it contains lots of pictures, but very often contemporary, from some events connected to Wild West.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM