Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 09:50:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  An Irishmans view
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Irishmans view  (Read 12461 times)
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 06:08:23 PM »

Peacemaker.

That flashback is not the final one - that's the one with Villega on the steam engine. I'm talking about the one when Sean is dying and Juan has "gone to get dee help".
Your right, the final scene in some versions of the film is when the 3 are running in the field/garden and Coburn is about to kiss the girl up upon the tree...then he blows up!

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 06:10:45 PM »

Hey Sucker, your interpretation might be different when I tell you this. There are two versions of the final flashback song. There's version 1 that I really like:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews23/a%20sergio%20leone%20a%20fistful%20of%20dynamite/A%20Fistful%20of%20Dynamite%20Old%20Comparison%202.mp3

And there's the new version ( version 2 ) which is still good but inferior to the original:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews23/a%20sergio%20leone%20a%20fistful%20of%20dynamite/A%20Fistful%20of%20Dynamite%20SE%20Comparison%202.mp3
Great links PeaceMaker! Do you have more to share?

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 03:33:24 AM »

Your right, the final scene in some versions of the film is when the 3 are running in the field/garden and Coburn is about to kiss the girl up upon the tree...then he blows up!

In case anyone is not aware, the final flashback in the full version does not end when Sean is about to kiss the girl at the tree. It goes on and on and it is during this extended scene that the events unfold as previously described until, eventually, he blows up.

Juan Miranda - very good point you make.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 03:34:32 AM »

In case anyone is not aware, the final flashback in the full version does not end when Sean is about to kiss the girl at the tree. It goes on and on and it is during this extended scene that the events unfold as previously described until, eventually, he blows up.

yes we know. that scene was restored for special edition version.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »

Great links PeaceMaker! Do you have more to share?

Sorry SeanSeanSean  ( I couldn't resist that  Wink ) but I got that from Dave Jenkins thread about comparing the two DVDs. There is no more music on that site.

I do have the CD but I don't know how I can put that here.     

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 03:13:05 PM »

Peacemaker raises a vital question. Since we know that the current SE of the film contains a soundtrack of dubious provenance, how are we to know that the music we are hearing in the final flashback is correct?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 03:19:33 PM »

While very persuasive when debating with an English speaking audience, this is surely irrelevant when dealing with Leone. Don't forget he was a man who was convinced the phrase "Duck you sucker" was on every English speakers lips, never mind Morricone, who couldn't speak a word of that language.
Surely the relevant issue here is how well Carla Leone understands English, as they are her lyrics. Maybe even more to the point: what is her understanding of how a woman remonstrates with her man?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »

Surely the relevant issue here is how well Carla Leone understands English, as they are her lyrics.

That is true. The original chants instead of Sean, Sean, Sean were suppose to be Wah, Wah, Wah until Carla suggested Sean instead of Wah.

Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »

Peacemaker.
As promised I've uploaded just a couple of photo comparisons to keep you going for the moment. 
And for those who still believe Sergio Leone is the ticket-seller I hasten to add that the reflection in the mirror is not Sergio's ghost  Grin

If you're ever in Dublin you'll get a friendly welcome in Toners. It's old-world maybe but well worth a visit. There is a picture on the wall of Sergio during shooting but the caption describes the film as Duck You Sucker/A Fistful of Dollars!!!

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/paddytheirishman/?sc=6

geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 07:50:02 PM »

Great shots Sucker! Thanks so much  Cheesy

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 12:05:47 AM »

By God! Everything is the same! Thank the Lord for you Sucker!

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 11:41:51 AM »

Peacemaker.
As promised I've uploaded just a couple of photo comparisons to keep you going for the moment. 
And for those who still believe Sergio Leone is the ticket-seller I hasten to add that the reflection in the mirror is not Sergio's ghost  Grin

If you're ever in Dublin you'll get a friendly welcome in Toners. It's old-world maybe but well worth a visit. There is a picture on the wall of Sergio during shooting but the caption describes the film as Duck You Sucker/A Fistful of Dollars!!!

Thanks for the photos Sucker!

Awesome locations, Howth Castle is beautiful.

Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

At last I got all the Irish locations (Thanks, Geoman - that tree was it - just up from the castle).

I've uploaded all the pics now including directions on Google Earth for when you all come over to see for yourselves Smiley

I noticed that Prof. Frayling got the locations wrong also in his SL book. I suppose he must have assumed they were in Co. Wicklow because almost every movie shot in this country films there at least in part.

Next stop Almeria!!!! - maybe.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »

I noticed that Prof. Frayling got the locations wrong also in his SL book.
Yes, what an idiot. Perhaps he should go and kill himself from the shame?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »

Yes, what an idiot. Perhaps he should go and kill himself from the shame?

now now don't be that hard on him, its virtually impossible to make corrections after its in print.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM