Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:28:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Did anyone notice this guy?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did anyone notice this guy?  (Read 6460 times)
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2006, 04:42:32 PM »

During the Ein Klein Nacthmusik scene there's another soldier coming down the stairs but that's the last we see of the guy. No shootouts or anything.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 06:34:13 PM »

During the Ein Klein Nacthmusik scene there's another soldier coming down the stairs but that's the last we see of the guy. No shootouts or anything.

yeah I know. its easy to spot even on your first viewing (I know I did). Just a continuity error that Leone apparently didnt pick up on.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:15:29 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.  I've been talking about it for years and you're the first other person to point it out.  Good on ya mate.  Wink

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 06:07:07 PM »

Is it possible one of Juan's gang stayed behind in the lobby to switch into a dead soldier's clothes?

Nah, I'm not defending it...just a continuity error.

geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »

Sloppy editing perhaps?

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 03:46:46 PM »

you guys see the beginning where the guy falls with the horses take him away? Then the next scene all the horses reappear Grin Grin

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »

you guys see the beginning where the guy falls with the horses take him away? Then the next scene all the horses reappear Grin Grin

Oh yeah!

Never noticed that before!

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 08:37:19 PM »

Also ironic that the death of sean could have been prevented if he allowed the doctor to live.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »

When Juan takes the wealthy man outside to ask him about concieving a baby or later when their riding through the canyon before meeting the Irishman?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 11:37:24 PM »

Also ironic that the death of sean could have been prevented if he allowed the doctor to live.
Huh? Sean/John did allow the doctor to live, but the doctor decided otherwise. Anyway, I don't see how the fate of Viellga affected Mallory in his final moments. Am I misunderstanding you?

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 01:42:49 AM »

Huh? Sean/John did allow the doctor to live, but the doctor decided otherwise. Anyway, I don't see how the fate of Viellga affected Mallory in his final moments. Am I misunderstanding you?

Maybe the Doc could have plucked out the bullets like he did earlier in the film?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »

here is another problem I have always had with the bank scene: during the shootout with the soldiers, one of Juan's sons gets shot by one of the soldiers... and we don't see him move afterward, so presumably he is dead. yet afterward, there is no mention of any of his sons being killed, till the scene in the cave... (it occurs at 0:43 of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7uuC6oGZh0&feature=related ) does this seem strange to anyone else? In the scene when his sons are massacred in the cave, he says "all of them." I assume he meant "all my sons," not "all my living sons." Is this a glaring continuity error?

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:29:39 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
tintinteslacoil
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »

Yeah, I think it was Napoleon. He is standing, and, looking  quite well, when Juan says good-bye: "..I pray the great god in heaven watch over you".  Odd...

Then , in the cave, he says:"All of them . Seex. I never counted them before."

Maybe Leone needed a new calculator... Cheesy

Maybe the Doc could have plucked out the bullets like he did earlier in the film?

The doctor only lanced an infection. Whether it was caused by barbed wire, or, a bullet, is not borne out.

kurug3n: I don't see how "saving Dr. Villega" would necessarily have made any difference. Besides, as said;  John told him to jump and he didn't.  Perhaps  the "good doctor"was fated to shoot Gunther Ruiz with his derringer to prevent John's being shot? Symbolic mercy on John's part allows divine intervention of a peacable healer? Who Knows...

The horses were , of course, recovered  and rehitched by Juan's gang, along with the dead driver. It's in the book, but including that scene really  just makes the movie run longer.y

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:56:59 AM by tintinteslacoil » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM