Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 07:47:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Solange trailer with Morricone music
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Solange trailer with Morricone music  (Read 1251 times)
The clint
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6OtZJsRcY

Just found this trailer for this early 70s Italian shocker What Havy You Done to Solange. I've heard the film is pretty graphic and judging by the trailer it most certainly is... But check out that Morricone music in the background, just beautiful and very inappropriate too considering it is the main theme handling about a mad rapist/murderer.

Mcbain
Bandido

www.myopicvoid.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 10:35:39 AM »

The movie is great and the music works perfectly.  The film is a Italian Giallo meaning the color "Yellow", the color refers to the yellow paper covers of the wild thriller novels which these movies were based on.  Morricone did a ton of soundtracks for "Giallo" films.  I have alot of DVD's in my collection that he did the soundtrack for.  Some of his best work are for the Italian Giallos films.  The wordless singing on the dollar films is done by the same female singer in the Giallo film soundtracks.  Giallo's have some of  the finest moody/lounge Jazz I have ever heard.  Ennio is a master arranger and surrounded himself with great talent for these soundtracks. 

The Italians did alot more than westerns.  Their Giallo films were copied often by US & UK directors.  Friday the 13th for example  was copied almost exactly from a film called 'Twitch of the Death Nerve" 1972 by the great Italian director Mario Bava.  Now with the advent of DVD and multi-region players you can see what amazing films we have missed out on from Italy.

"The Bird with the Crystal Plumage"  Giallo 1969 is a great soundtrack my Ennio.  The Director Dario Argento co-wrote the screenplay for One upon a time in the West. His name appears in the credits.  Ennio and Argento were neighbors at one time.

The movie Solange is available at Amazon.com on DVD Anamorphic 16x9 R1.

Cheers,

Eric

www.gorocknow.comNEW GO WEBSITE WITH BAND SOUNDSLIPS AND PICTURES
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM