Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:38:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Trivia Games (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Clint The Singer????
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint The Singer????  (Read 10974 times)
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 01:33:18 PM »

Dunno if I've mentioned this before, but according to my dad "Paint Your Wagon" was the movie playing in the hospital while my mom was delivering me. . . so I guess I've got to see it eventually!  Shocked

Grin Grin Grin
This is really funny; I've just found the title song from it (the Lee Martvin one) on my favourite Polish western site and discussed it a bit with my father (nobody of us has seen the film.) And now I read this. Cheesy

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 03:31:05 AM »

PAINT YOUR WAGON is the only Clint-film I can't watch. It is sooo bad, hard to top.
I did fell asleep in theatre in 1979, fought through a video-screening inthe 1980's and switch off the DVD last year.

'I talk to the tree's, but they wouldn't listen to me...'

hoho..

THe best about is the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award to Clint. I dunno who's on the stage, Sutherland
or Don Rickles or so, but he confronts the audience with Eastwood's singing virtues and plays the clip. It is obvious from the reaction of the spectators, that 99% never saw PAINT YOUR WAGON. And Clint's face goes red, DEEP red and he let's his head fall on the table... So funny.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 05:57:35 AM »

THe best about is the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award to Clint. I dunno who's on the stage, Sutherland
or Don Rickles or so, but he confronts the audience with Eastwood's singing virtues and plays the clip. It is obvious from the reaction of the spectators, that 99% never saw PAINT YOUR WAGON. And Clint's face goes red, DEEP red and he let's his head fall on the table... So funny.

I would like to see that. Cheesy

Once I was at a theatre play, comedy, when the audience managed to totally ruin the play with wild laugh; and one of the actors was the only person I ever saw go deep red, from laugh... Was it also Clint's case?

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 08:09:51 AM »

PAINT YOUR WAGON is the only Clint-film I can't watch. It is sooo bad, hard to top.
I did fell asleep in theatre in 1979, fought through a video-screening inthe 1980's and switch off the DVD last year.

'I talk to the tree's, but they wouldn't listen to me...'

I actually enjoy Paiint Your Wagon way more than Pale Rider or Hang 'Em High.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 12:00:19 PM »

Paint Your Wagon actually had a magnificent "No Name City" set built for the production in Oregon if I remember right, its a good story and could be re-made, but not as a musical.  Grin

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »

I actually enjoy Paiint Your Wagon way more than Pale Rider or Hang 'Em High.
Afro You're all right, Silenzio, I don't care WHAT Mike Siegel says about you.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 06:25:34 PM »

I would like to see that. Cheesy

I'll put it on YOUTUBE for you

Once I was at a theatre play, comedy, when the audience managed to totally ruin the play with wild laugh; and one of the actors was the only person I ever saw go deep red, from laugh... Was it also Clint's case?

No, his face went red because he was so ashamed of his performance, in a very charming way.
Almost as charming as DAVE JENKINS.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 06:32:19 PM »

Almost as charming as DAVE JENKINS.

Are you sure... I mean, that's saying a LOT.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 06:12:48 AM »

I don't get it... what do you mean 'is saying a lot'?

I don't bitch, it's his right not to like me. One can't stand anybody - would be a boring world (or a paradise).

And of course it's always important at what time in your life you see a film. If I'd seen PAINT in my early childhood combined with a nice cinema experience, I might have liked it. But to me it ended up like Eastwood's THE CONQUEROR or BARBARIAN & THE GEISHA. I'm a fan of New Hollywood so that film represented to me also how you waste $ 23 milions and almost ruin a studio as they all did in the late 60's. Nice set, sure. But I don't see movies because of the sets. Leone shot OUATITW for $5,2 milion (I guess?).

I love WANDRIN'STAR which was played on the air in Germany even in the 80's.
(but I TALK TO THE TREES... come on!

I also like the fact that Marvin canceled THE WILD BUNCH because of his fee for PAINT. 'adore Marvin, but without Holden THE WILD BUNCH would not have become what it is. Marvin and Peckinpah were buddies (US Marines) and not that many people know or saw the two films they actually made together: ROUTE 66 (Peckinpah's first 'non-western') and THE LOSERS. Although I heard that THE LOSERS had some re-runs on US TV..

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 07:45:45 AM »

I don't get it... what do you mean 'is saying a lot'?

It means that Dave Jenkins is so charming that it's difficult for anything to be more charming than him (a hint of sarcasm).

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 11:42:48 AM »

Alright... thanks...
Well, sometimes silence is golden. SILENZIO.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM