Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:22:49 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  How Does Indio Know?!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: How Does Indio Know?!  ( 16478 )
Hey Blondie
Road Apple

« : June 13, 2003, 08:38:12 PM »

Okay I may be able to figure out how Indio knows that the Colonel is a bounty hunter but how the hell does he know Blondie is a bounty hunter?! Did he see it in a newspaper like the Colonel or what?!

When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk!
Rblondie
Bandido

Lincoln's grandfather

« #1 : June 14, 2003, 06:46:34 AM »

He shows his suspicions early when questions the rescue of his friend Sancho Perez (a gringo helping a Mexican). His suspicions are confirmed when he sees how skillful Manco is with his gun when he enters Agua Caliente. He also perhaps suspects him early when Manco does not flinch when half his cigar is shot off.

aaronson
Gunslinger

« #2 : June 15, 2003, 03:19:41 AM »

He shows his suspicions early when questions the rescue of his friend Sancho Perez (a gringo helping a Mexican). His suspicions are confirmed when he sees how skillful Manco is with his gun when he enters Agua Caliente. He also perhaps suspects him early when Manco does not flinch when half his cigar is shot off.

Clever !

But perhaps he watched FAFOD before in the Jail Theater ?
(I know , it's stupid)

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
KERMIT

« #3 : June 16, 2003, 03:25:56 PM »

aaronson, to quote spinal tap there is a fine line between clever & stupid.  both being perfectly exceptable for me.    ;D
kermit

aaronson
Gunslinger

« #4 : June 17, 2003, 05:25:02 AM »

both being perfectly exceptable for me.    ;D
kermit

Kermit thanks , you have a big sense of humour.
( I dreamt last night about you preferred horror films, I 'm falling in love with the werstling women .)

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

« #5 : June 13, 2004, 12:24:27 AM »

he may be suspicious after the three sent to santa cruz wound up dead.

it's a pity you have to die.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #6 : July 02, 2004, 03:49:35 PM »

I would rather ask: how do the other members of the gang not know?

Clint's answer, at the begining, is so stupid!

JamesK
Bandido

« #7 : December 06, 2005, 11:56:11 AM »

Okay I may be able to figure out how Indio knows that the Colonel is a bounty hunter but how the hell does he know Blondie is a bounty hunter?! Did he see it in a newspaper like the Colonel or what?!

Alex Cox suggests, in his book 10,000 Ways to Die that Indio has extraordinary insight into some things because of his proximity to madness.  This seems to play out in more than one Italo-Western, so I think Cox is on to something there.

Out West: The All-Fiction Western 'Zine
--> Submit today! <--
Beebs

« #8 : December 06, 2005, 04:02:44 PM »

I would rather ask: how do the other members of the gang not know?

Clint's answer, at the begining, is so stupid!

"Amigo... that is the one answer that would prove you're alright"

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #9 : December 07, 2005, 11:04:50 PM »

That's what Indio says, no doubt to allow the rest of the gang to be fooled. But he what he actually thinks is probably more like, "Amigo . . . that is the one answer that would prove you're alright. . .  NOT!"

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #10 : December 09, 2005, 06:17:58 AM »

Indio said to Blondie something like, "You shouldn't have shot those apples off the tree . .  ." I guess Indio was suspicious of Blondie, and his suspicions were confirmed when he displayed his shooting skills etc.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #11 : December 09, 2005, 06:52:23 AM »

But Indio and his gang were outside Agua Caliente so how could he have seen the apples being shot off the tree? I always wondered what that line meant.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #12 : December 09, 2005, 02:34:28 PM »

On the uk and german dvd's with the commentary, frayling points out an interesting connection with the wrist gauntlett - it may be that Monco is known for wearing this gauntlett, which is why Indio says "put it on" to Monco. This is tied into the meaning of "one-handed". Frayling also points out that this idea is never really developed properly - which I agree with - but there are still remnants of it in the movie.

Beebs

« #13 : December 09, 2005, 03:12:20 PM »

Where does Frayling say this, in his book. The book is on my wish list so I'd like to know how worth while it is and how much to look forward to it.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #14 : December 09, 2005, 06:04:27 PM »

Hmmm, not sure if he mentions it in the book or not...

Where does Frayling say this, in his book. The book is on my wish list so I'd like to know how worth while it is and how much to look forward to it.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines