Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 03:30:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  FDM Video homage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FDM Video homage  (Read 2737 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2006, 02:47:07 PM »

OK, I figured out how to upload my in-progress video.  The Spaghetti Western/FDM homage starts at about 50 seconds in, honoring the Mortimer/El Indio poster scene in FDM.  The remainder of the video will be finished in a few weeks.  Paste in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemNsWqjKZo

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 02:48:57 PM »

OK, I figured out how to upload my in-progress video.  The Spaghetti Western/FDM homage starts at about 50 seconds in, honoring the Mortimer/El Indio poster scene in FDM.  The remainder of the video will be finished in a few weeks.  Paste in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemNsWqjKZo

Very cool.

Just a bit of friendly criticism; try to adjust the audio. I noticed the volume increases and decreases suddenly. Other than that, it was good.

I like the GBU angelic music coming in showing the crosswalks.  Cool

Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 03:23:53 PM »

Agree about the audio, I usually get around to adjusting that once I'm all finished with my videos, now just "in progress".  I find that getting the audio to balance, between scenes and also with the music and any sound effects, tends to be one of the more difficult aspects as that's purely subjective.  Believe me, it was tougher for another video just finding, then doing vocals for a Gilligan's Island theme without the words.  Glad to see that the link works.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »

Agree about the audio, I usually get around to adjusting that once I'm all finished with my videos, now just "in progress".  I find that getting the audio to balance, between scenes and also with the music and any sound effects, tends to be one of the more difficult aspects as that's purely subjective.  Believe me, it was tougher for another video just finding, then doing vocals for a Gilligan's Island theme without the words.  Glad to see that the link works.

If you're having audio problems, have you considered using Adobe Premiere Pro for your editing?

I use it to add music and special effects as well as edit my home films.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:55:27 PM »

hehe, good one

Beebs
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 04:46:38 PM »

May I say, Cusser, you're moustache has a stiking resemblance to that of Lee van Cleef's. Grin

Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 05:02:10 PM »

Peacemaker - I don't have "trouble" adjusting the audio technically, I just have to use my ear to balance it all once I finish the video.  I'm also likely to change the "Golden-Haired Angel" music when I show the crosswalks.  I use Pinnacle Systems Studio 8, which has three audio tracks: live (while taping), and two others, so I can voice-over and add music.  Beebs - when I first saw GBU in 1968 at age 15, I couldn't wait to be able to have a mustache and stubble like Angel Eyes (and Tuco).  Most of my adult life I've been that way, even though supervisors and wife would rather I shave more often.  I have a cordless trimmer that gives a nice two-day stubble look with practically no effort; even the security guard at work asked me how I stay at the stubbly stage.  Did you guys like the facial twitches?  Yeah, I'm the second "face"; I stood in for an actor who had car trouble that day and couldn't make the taping. 

Beebs
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 07:50:48 PM »

Of course the twitches are "cliche" but, hey, that's what makes it interesting and catches your attention. So I say I like them!

When I first saw The Good the Bad and the Ugly, I wanted a Moustache like that. My dad talks a lot about wanting a barn. And when he got a funny look for it once from one of his friends he said, "What... One thing I aspire to having a barn"
One thing I aspire to is having a bushy moustache, and when I'm old and have white hair, add a slight, but not cheesy, curl to each side.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM