Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:54:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  how does Wallace know?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how does Wallace know?  (Read 18148 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »

They have just started showing Hairyback mountain on Sky movies and it makes me feel violent just seeing it advertised.
not only have Hollywood disowned the west they have also brought shame down on us who love the Western.
As soon as anyone knows you love Westerns they ask your opinion of Hairyback mountain.
The sooner THAT movie is consigned to the trash can the better

It's true. It's like Hollywood said to us western fans " f*ck you! Not only did we stopped making the genre, we're calling everyone who watches it gay! "

Stupid Brokeback Mountain. It's not even a western for God's sakes!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 07:03:15 PM »

1)i know,but when so many people see someone fall from the train they don't just stay mute,if they wanted,the word of that could have easily arrived to the engineers,and they would have stopped the train,don't you think?

well it wasn't a passenger train, they didn't have emergency cords to pull, and you get the impression that is early in the morning (tuco has toi take a leak, right?) so most of the guards and prisoners are asleep

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 07:21:43 PM »

Yeah, CJ, you're right, even if the guys in the adjoining cars see the men tumble out, they have no way to signal the engineer. Only the engineer can stop the train, and HE'S not looking behind him.

On the matter of sending Tuco off with Wallace: there still is a reward out for Tuco, and Angeleyes and his gang want it. Probably the only way to collect is to take Tuco back to the jurisdiction in which the reward was offered. Perhaps Angeleyes does want Tuco to take care of Wallace; or, he knows that once Wallace has the reward money in his hands, he'll take off on his own. Either way would suit AE. Since Angeleyes is after 200,000, a missing Wallace would mean one less gang member to split with. And maybe AE wants to do an Indio and get his his whole gang eliminated anyway.

The GBU sequel: it would have to begin with the idea that Blondie has $100,000 of Tuco's money. Tuco is not the kind of guy who is likely to forget something like that. He'll never be able to enjoy the 100,000 Blondie left him with, so long as he knows Blondie is still out there with the other half of the loot. Tuco will have to have it all, and he'll have to have his revenge on Blondie. And that revenge will have to be particularly vicious.......

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 07:56:15 PM »

the reward for tuco was "only" 3 000$ if i remember correctly,so i don't believe that angel eyes wants to take risks,especially when he's going after 100 000$(cause he's not greedy Wink Grin),don't you think?

wallace was just cannon-meat for him,nothing more ...

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 08:06:58 PM »

GBU sequel?c'mon guys!!eli wallach is 91!!
i don't want to be cruel but the man "lost his cherry" before WWII Shocked,and that should tell you something Wink Grin

as much as i like him as an actor,i don't believe he's capable of acting at that level anymore,so it would probably be heart-crashing to see him struggle(his interviews speek in favor of that)Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 08:11:24 PM by Tuco the ugly » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 08:20:30 PM »

yea it would be a very big stretch for him to do it, the time has passed unfortunately.  Embarrassed

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 08:43:44 PM »

The GBU sequel: it would have to begin with the idea that Blondie has $100,000 of Tuco's money. Tuco is not the kind of guy who is likely to forget something like that. He'll never be able to enjoy the 100,000 Blondie left him with, so long as he knows Blondie is still out there with the other half of the loot. Tuco will have to have it all, and he'll have to have his revenge on Blondie. And that revenge will have to be particularly vicious.......

your a idea makes for more of serious sequel then the Sergio Donati written sequel. Which can be read about in Frayling's "once upon a time in italy" book.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 09:02:18 PM »

That sequel idea really sucked, I thought.

Of course, Eli wouldn't be cast in the GBU sequel. Tuco would be played by someone like Billy Bob Thornton.  Shocked

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 10:46:42 PM »

That sequel idea really sucked, I thought.

Won't argue that.

As for Billy Bob playing Tuco... ya sure?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 05:11:25 AM »

As for Billy Bob playing Tuco... ya sure?

Nobody can replace Tuco, is has to be a spin-off story, if anything.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 01:21:45 PM »

Nobody can replace Tuco, is has to be a spin-off story, if anything.

I think we saw enough of Tuco in GBU to not warrant any spin-offs of him alone.

I would really like to see a spin-off of him and Angel Eyes before the events of GBU though.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 01:24:22 PM »

I think we saw enough of Tuco in GBU to not warrant any spin-offs of him alone.

I would really like to see a spin-off of him and Angel Eyes before the events of GBU though.

Make it a kind of DYS thing.

Instead of Juan and John it's Tuco and Angel Eyes!

Half Soldier
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 01:45:22 PM »

Yeah, CJ, you're right, even if the guys in the adjoining cars see the men tumble out, they have no way to signal the engineer. Only the engineer can stop the train, and HE'S not looking behind him.

This is the way I see it.  What bothers me is that the driver (engineer) of the FOLLOWING train makes no attempt to stop.  And don't say 'Well maybe he didn't see them' because he's tooting like crazy.  Or is that for the benefit of his childish desire to 'blow the horn'.  Either way, Wallace gets mangled and Tuco clambers aboard in  a slightly speeded up manner.

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 01:56:54 PM »

I'm not sure about it - it really seems little bit off, but a train isn't as easy to stop as a car. Still it would probably stop after it... Like that one I saw which went over a bike lying on the tracks. It couldn't stop early enough, but it did stop.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Half Soldier
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 02:00:51 PM »

A train is a lot easier to stop than you think, especially if it is braked rather than loose coupled - which do take some stopping. 

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM