Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 04:53:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  How did the actors deal with all the different languages?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did the actors deal with all the different languages?  (Read 1712 times)
Sarge Barnes
Road Apple

How's your digestion now?

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2003, 03:38:44 PM »

Leone's films feature actors engaging in dialogue with one another - but the actors are speaking different languages! Some are speaking their lines in English, others reply in Italian, and still others reply in Spanish.

How did Leone get the actors to get their timing right, to speak on cue? Constant rehearsal? Tons of takes?

"Remember, Cunningham: When dealing with chicks, 'no' sometimes means 'yes'. But 'I'm calling the police' means 'I'm calling the police.'"

- Fonzi
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 04:13:56 PM »

SB howdy !  there are no doubt some folks on board who can help out w/  these language problems leone delt w/.

while watching GB&U just before the 3 way duell angel eyes says to blondie "your not diggin". sounds like van cleef. blondie's reply "if you shoot me you won't see a cent of that money"  van cleef says  WHY?  it sounds like that line was dubbed in by another actor w/ a voice a lot like van cleef's but more powerful.  perhaps leone watching the daily rushes wanted more a more athoritive "WHY ?" and dubbed in a voice mimicking van cleef.  

you've raised a very good question. hang loose.
i think you'll get some valid replys coming up.

welcome,  Wink
kermit

« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 04:18:13 PM by KERMIT » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM