Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 03:34:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Dances with Wolves (1990)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dances with Wolves (1990)  (Read 15430 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2017, 03:46:35 AM »

Watch the short version. There may be a debate on which version is the best (hint: the short) but I don't think anybody will deny that the short version is much, much easier on the viewer.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 03:58:49 AM »

With so few Westerns being made the last 30 years, compared to the 150 Westerns produced in 1950 alone any new Western receives a lot of attention here.

Spike check out Blackrobe if you've never seen it, it's more of a Frontier Epic taking place in New France circa mid or late 1600's if I remember right.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2017, 04:49:55 AM »

What has 2017 changed for/in you? Almost all of your one-line reviews are spot on.

They were always, what changed for/in you that you did not recognize this before 2017? Wink

All in all, I think we always had a similar taste.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2017, 08:46:18 AM »

All in all, I think we always had a similar taste.

''SLWB: connecting people together from all over the world. Sometimes in dancing, sometimes with wolves, sometimes in discussions - but always in love.''

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2017, 08:49:25 AM »

''SLWB: connecting people together from all over the world. Sometimes in dancing, sometimes with wolves, sometimes in discussions - but always in love.''

I knew it. You love me.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »

I knew it. You love me.

Kiss Kiss Kiss

(though obviously not as much as stanton)

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Spikeopath
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »

I prefer the shorter version. The longer version adds a few nice details, but is problematic for the rhythm. It is a quite good western. 8/10

I just don't see that, a problem with rhythm. least you liked "A" version  Shocked

Spikeopath
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »

I saw the movie once (long version) 5 years ago, and gave it a 9/10. But since then, I never had the slightest desire to see it again. Is t just because of the length? Is it because emotionally heavy movies are not easy to watch frequently? Or is it because the movie has gone down in my estimation over the past few years even though I have not seen it again? I do not know the answer. Whatever it is, I don't feel  any interest whatsoever in seeing it again anytime soon.

Length. Personally I would stand for another hour of it  Cool

Spikeopath
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »

Watch the short version. There may be a debate on which version is the best (hint: the short) but I don't think anybody will deny that the short version is much, much easier on the viewer.

Nah! Though to be fair, I'm a lover of long epic films anyway, so I'm going to be pro the longer cut. I'm not even sure I could watch the shorter cut now, I'd rather have the full option every time.

Spikeopath
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »

With so few Westerns being made the last 30 years, compared to the 150 Westerns produced in 1950 alone any new Western receives a lot of attention here.

Spike check out Blackrobe if you've never seen it, it's more of a Frontier Epic taking place in New France circa mid or late 1600's if I remember right.

No not seen that, I'll look into it thanks.

Spikeopath
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 01:01:25 PM »

It's a love in!

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017, 03:16:24 PM »

Nah! Though to be fair, I'm a lover of long epic films anyway, so I'm going to be pro the longer cut. I'm not even sure I could watch the shorter cut now, I'd rather have the full option every time.

The most significant change is that the short version doesn't have the whole paranormal/spiritual thing. Which is for the best. Terrific film anyway (both cuts).

www.ThibautOskian.com
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »

I need to watch this again. Surprised no one has mentioned John Barry's excellent score.

Spikeopath
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »

I need to watch this again. Surprised no one has mentioned John Barry's excellent score.

I do laud it in my review up thread.

I own the CD Smiley

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:48:46 PM by Spikeopath » Logged
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017, 10:54:50 AM »

Ah good point - that's the second time I've been called out recently for not reading threads closely enough  Huh

Fantastic score.

The "Kevin's Gate" comment is pretty funny - apparently it was also applied to "Waterworld" as well...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM