Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 02:05:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Make-up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Make-up  (Read 3425 times)
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2003, 06:39:27 AM »

In FAFOD Joe was terribly beaten and his face became very  ugly (as Rocky fighting Apollo)  .
In FAFDM he was also beaten but , its a miracle,he stayed fine with no scare .
what the explaination ? Mario Brega suddenly tired ? No budget for the make-up?

happily in GBU Clint offered us a wonderful burnt face !

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 01:42:22 AM »

arronson

first, joe badly beaten in FFOD.
next in FAFDM. both joe & mortimer beaten at same time.    simultaneously.    tuco's beating most graphic.

mario braga suddenly tired !?  the big guy did appear in all  three trilogies  admineresting liberal beatings.  Tongue

considering short time blondie had to recoup with at the mission his burns mended quickly rather quickly as his relationship with tuco.  blondie observes tuco's unfortunate encounter between the brothers. there is rear look of compasion on blondie's face he hides.  for the 3rd time blondie offers tuco a cigar as tuco carries on about his brother. "after a meal, there's nothing like a good cigar".     blondie offered a ciger to tuco 3 times through out the film.  the second time as blondie is obviously on the mend.  tuco throws it on the floor . clint's back is to the camera as he sits on the mission bed as tuco warns of advancing troups.
blondie's beard suddenly grows thick as they encounter the battle scene & entering sadhill in comparison with 1st. half of film.

let's pause and give homage to both
rino capboni / make up artist  & rino todero/ hair stylist .
and to mario braga for the hell of it !

kermit

« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 01:39:54 PM by KERMIT » Logged
BDR529
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 02:05:27 AM »

Speaking of make-up, what I would like to know is what's up with Eastwood's face when he's hidden in the shadows in the shed with the stolen $$.  He's wearing blackface!!  Was this to make it look like he was in the dark?  Drives me nuts every time I see it.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 03:12:22 PM »

Speaking of make-up, what I would like to know is what's up with Eastwood's face when he's hidden in the shadows in the shed with the stolen $$.  He's wearing blackface!!  Was this to make it look like he was in the dark?  Drives me nuts every time I see it.
I have also noticed the blacked up face ..any Ideas anyone..I know this is an old posting but just read it...

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:50:43 PM »

Speaking of make-up, what I would like to know is what's up with Eastwood's face when he's hidden in the shadows in the shed with the stolen $$.  He's wearing blackface!!  Was this to make it look like he was in the dark?  Drives me nuts every time I see it.

I totally agree -- that is terrible. It was done in a (poor) attempt to show Manco in the dark, but it is so obvious he is in blackface, it is absolutely ridiculous  Roll Eyes

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM