Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 08:07:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DVD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DVD  (Read 4207 times)
Beebs
DVD
« on: August 23, 2006, 07:24:24 PM »

I'm sure this has been answered before, but it would be hard to find considering I NEVER go to this subject with one exception besides this topic.

Where can I find a DVD of this for my US DVD player. (I think US is region 2 right?)

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:33:38 PM »

I'm sure this has been answered before, but it would be hard to find considering I NEVER go to this subject with one exception besides this topic.

Where can I find a DVD of this for my US DVD player. (I think US is region 2 right?)

US is region 1. The region 1 DVD won't be out for a year. You could A) Go to some super-nerd who will have him pay you to remove the region block on the DVD B) get a region-free DVD player and get the UK dvd, or C) wait for a whole year and get the SE Region 1 DVD.

Beebs
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 08:10:12 PM »

US is region 1. The region 1 DVD won't be out for a year. You could A) Go to some super-nerd who will have him pay you to remove the region block on the DVD B) get a region-free DVD player and get the UK dvd, or C) wait for a whole year and get the SE Region 1 DVD.

What would you do?

The nerd thing sounds good but waiting would be cheaper. I'm just frustrated I haven't seen this movie.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

What would you do?

The nerd thing sounds good but waiting would be cheaper. I'm just frustrated I haven't seen this movie.

Well, I don't know what I would do. Getting a region-free DVD player would be too expensive for me. And I don't know anybody who can take off a region block here in Idaho (maybe my friend Joel), and I don't want to wait a year to get the damn dvd, either! I don't know what I'd do.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 08:20:54 PM »

we all are Beebs, I haven't seen it for it seems like 10 years and that was a Pan & Scan TV comercials and all, so I really haven't seen it.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 10:38:18 PM »

I'm content waiting until next year. I wouldn't buy the Region 2 DVD anyways (or any R2 DVDs for that matter) becasue I wouldn't want the PAL speed-up.

Bring on '07!

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 09:59:29 AM »

I'm going for the region-free DVD player. I'm getting it next month along with the UK SE DVD, I don't want to wait another year.

Besides, it's great to have a region-free DVD player. You can buy any movie from anywhere, some of the best old movies are available on DVD in Britain and not here.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 03:16:12 PM »

One other thing to consider: the UK SE is not perfect by any means, and, who knows, maybe the R1 release will actually be an improvement. No way of knowing until it's released, though.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 03:19:06 PM »

One other thing to consider: the UK SE is not perfect by any means

I'm still getting it. I don't care about the flaws, I want to see the movie and I'm not waiting another year for a DVD that might not even come out ( you never know with MGM ).

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 03:58:42 PM »

Sure, I agree with you, I got my UK copy as soon as they were available. I got tired of playing my old Laser Disc version with the shortened flashback. And if the R1 DVD is yet another improvement, I'll get that too.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 04:33:02 PM »

( you never know with MGM ).
I think I read Fox will have a hand in releasing the DVDs along with Sony/MGM, so I don't think they'll be any worries. (At least, I don't).

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 04:34:47 PM »

I think I read Fox will have a hand in releasing the DVDs along with Sony/MGM, so I don't think they'll be any worries. (At least, I don't).

Well, I still don't want to wait. Besides, there are many advantages to owning a region free DVD player.

geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 05:15:14 PM »

Well, I still don't want to wait. Besides, there are many advantages to owning a region free DVD player.
Totally agree, Peace. There are a vast assortment of DVD's from different regions you can purchase from Amazon etc. including many quality foreign films. It's nice to have the flexibility to buy ANY DVD you care to. Wise choice all-around. Cool

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 05:17:11 PM by geoman-1 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM