Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:23:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A question
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question  (Read 19666 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 07:19:07 AM »

Peacmaker, what was the gun made of some kind of pot metal?

What brand of replica out of curiosity?

Go back to the first page, there's a picture of the exact replica Peacemaker I own. I got the one with the black metal.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 10:22:04 AM »

Yes the face shot is taken from the end of Fistful, where he is facaing Ramon and they have added the gun and hat. On the Japanese poster for GBU they gave him Angeleyes gun!!

Jolly good, Le Bon! And that face of Clint in the Japanese GBU poster is from a still of FFDM. But I can tolerate that. On the other hand, the cover design of FOD DVD is a little far off. That montage looks phony to me. As an artist, I'm very picky about the design of posters, CD covers and DVD covers.  In old days, I was making my custom cover for my VHS tape collection when I couldn't  stand distributors' designs.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 10:56:59 AM »

I haven't seen the still of clint which the japanese poster used. Didn't realise it was from FAFDM.  Do you have the photo or know what scene it came from. That FOD cover is terrible. Although the old R2 FOD used a pic from Hang 'Em High!!

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »

As an artist, I'm very picky about the design of posters, CD covers and DVD covers.  In old days, I was making my custom cover for my VHS tape collection when I couldn't  stand distributors' designs.

Good idea! That terrible picture is used on my FD DVD, and there is also a lot of things written by the distributor, which I don't like - I think I will make my own front page of the cover!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 02:39:24 PM »

marmota-b, a bit off this topic but we here in the US are curious about Morton's private railcar in OUTITW, especially the objects that look like celing vents along the top where Bronson peers out at Franks gang.

Ask your railroad dad what they were used for for us. thanks. I'll post a pic that was posted on another thread.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »

marmota-b, a bit off this topic but we here in the US are curious about Morton's private railcar in OUTITW, especially the objects that look like celing vents along the top where Bronson peers out at Franks gang.

Ask your railroad dad what they were used for for us. thanks. I'll post a pic that was posted on another thread.

All right, I'll try. Wink

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 04:17:05 PM »

Here is the pic....

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
whenthechimesend..
Bandido

when the chimes end, pick up your gun.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »

That's the exact replica Peacemaker I own.

How I envy you man! Unfortunately I'm not 18 years old ,and I live in Brazil, a country where owning a gun, or even a replica of a gun, causes you to be treated like a bandit. Undecided

But someday I'll have one of these! Smiley

By the way, the barrel is 4.75 inches long, and by what I know Joe's Peacemaker was 5.5 (artillery model), I only posted that picture because I couldn't find an artillery one.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 04:45:59 PM »

CJ, please, do you have also a picture of the whole thing? Father will need something to get a general idea, I guess.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »

How I envy you man! Unfortunately I'm not 18 years old ,and I live in Brazil, a country where owning a gun, or even a replica of a gun, causes you to be treated like a bandit. Undecided

But someday I'll have one of these! Smiley

By the way, the barrel is 4.75 inches long, and by what I know Joe's Peacemaker was 5.5 (artillery model), I only posted that picture because I couldn't find an artillery one.

You'll own one someday.

I like the 5 1/2 barrel more than the 4 1/2 which looks stupid to me. I didn't look at the picture hard enough when I ordered the gun.

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 04:49:40 PM »

You'll own one someday.

I like the 5 1/2 barrel more than the 4 1/2 which looks stupid to me. I didn't look at the picture hard enough when I ordered the gun.

Looks stupid? Why? Huh

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »

Looks stupid? Why? Huh

If you look at it facing the right front side it looks like it has two barrels when the second one is actually the ejection rod ( You slide it down to eject a used cartridge ).

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 04:57:07 PM »

If you look at it facing the right front side it looks like it has two barrels when the second one is actually the ejection rod ( You slide it down to eject a used cartridge ).

I actually think this is extremely cool and that's why it's the model I want (only nickel, not black). Smiley

« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 05:01:47 PM by whenthechimesend.. » Logged

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 04:59:41 PM »

I actually think this is extremely cool and that's why it's the model I want (only nickel, not black). Smiley

I can't see the link.  Huh

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »

I can't see the link.  Huh

Fixed it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM