Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 06:53:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A question
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question  (Read 19678 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »

That's the same as mine except in Nickel silver.

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

when the chimes end, pick up your gun.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2006, 05:13:12 PM »

That's the same as mine except in Nickel silver.

That's because it's the same Peacemaker with 4.75 barrel, only with a different finish. You prefer black, I prefer nickel. Wink

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2006, 05:15:44 PM »

That's because it's the same Peacemaker with 4.75 barrel, only with a different finish. You prefer black, I prefer nickel. Wink

I like black and grey guns. I never really liked Nickel Silver, it's too shiny.   Grin

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 05:17:23 PM »

I haven't seen the still of clint which the japanese poster used. Didn't realise it was from FAFDM.  Do you have the photo or know what scene it came from. That FOD cover is terrible. Although the old R2 FOD used a pic from Hang 'Em High!!

This is from my Leone archive. I'm sure you've seen this photo from FFDM before, Le Bon.

Cut a Close-Up of Clint from this image and turn 15 degrees Counterclock wise and voila!

It's the face for the Japanese GBU poster. Of course they added colors to the image. In those days without computers, Japanese ad agencies are very good at adding colors to B&W images.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »

I like black and grey guns. I never really liked Nickel Silver, it's too shiny.   Grin

I like the shiny guns. All the gun replicas I'd buy, I'd choose in the nickel finish. I have no problem with the black or grey ones, though.

Ah, let me ask a question: HOW did the barrel of your Peacemaker fly off your gun? Shocked Can't be just a too fast draw, otherwise none of our favorite characters would have a barreled gun...

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2006, 05:20:47 PM »

This is from my Leone archive. I'm sure you've seen this photo from FFDM before, Le Bon.

Cut a Close-Up of Clint from this image and turn 15 degrees Counterclock wise and voila!

It's the face for the Japanese GBU poster. Of course they added colors to the image. In those days without computers, Japanese ad agencies are very good at adding colors to B&W images.

But why did they put Tuco's gun in the FAFDM poster?

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2006, 05:26:53 PM »

But why did they put Tuco's gun in the FAFDM poster?

Tuco's gun? They just simply wanted to add the image from the duel scene in Sad Hill. That's how Tuco hungs his gun.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2006, 05:28:12 PM »

HOW did the barrel of your Peacemaker fly off your gun? Shocked Can't be just a too fast draw, otherwise none of our favorite characters would have a barreled gun...

After repeatedly fanning my gun everyday for a span of four months it loosened the barrel. I didn't know this until the barrel broke free when I drew the gun, causing it to fly into the wall.

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2006, 05:32:29 PM »

Tuco's gun? They just simply wanted to add the image from the duel scene in Sad Hill. That's how Tuco hungs his gun.

I understand, but still, this FAFDM, shouldn't put things from other movies I think.

Quote from: The Peacemaker
After repeatedly fanning my gun everyday for a span of four months it loosened the barrel. I didn't know this until the barrel broke free when I drew the gun, causing it to fly into the wall.

Fanning loosens the barrel? Huh Curious... I'll avoid it when I buy myself a replica.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2006, 05:40:23 PM »

Of course!! Thanks Sanjuro, can't believe i didn't spot this before. This is quite a common still as well.

Whenthechimesend.... The poster is Good Bad Ugly. They just took the face shot of Clint on it from FDM.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2006, 05:44:16 PM »

Fanning loosens the barrel? Huh Curious... I'll avoid it when I buy myself a replica.

No! Don't let that ruin your fun.  Smiley

I'm just saying, don't do it over and over and over again everyday. Plus it's a replica, on a real gun that would never happen.  Wink

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »

Of course!! Thanks Sanjuro, can't believe i didn't spot this before. This is quite a common still as well.

Whenthechimesend.... The poster is Good Bad Ugly. They just took the face shot of Clint on it from FDM.

Oh well, I did miss that tiny little detail... Sad pardon me...

Quote from: The PEacemaker
No! Don't let that ruin your fun.   Smiley

I'm just saying, don't do it over and over and over again everyday. Plus it's a replica, on a real gun that would never happen.   Wink

So let me ask, you said the barrel flew because you drew on the holster, but I'll keep my gun on my pants' pocket (look what a coincidence... I own these pants from before I started to like westerns! How lucky I was) which by coincidence fit a Peacemaker perfectly... Am I still in danger?

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2006, 05:58:33 PM »

So let me ask, you said the barrel flew because you drew on the holster, but I'll keep my gun on my pants' pocket (look what a coincidence... I own these pants from before I started to like westerns! How lucky I was) which by coincidence fit a Peacemaker perfectly... Am I still in danger?

Sorry for the misunderstanding but the barrel flew because after it was loose, drawing fast caused it to fly off. That's only if it becomes loose. To avoid that, don't fan over and over and over again repeatedly everyday. Moderate the fanning. You can draw from a holster, just make sure the barrel isn't loose.

whenthechimesend..
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »

Sorry for the misunderstanding but the barrel flew because after it was loose, drawing fast caused it to fly off. That's only if it becomes loose. To avoid that, don't fan over and over and over again repeatedly everyday. Moderate the fanning. You can draw from a holster, just make sure the barrel isn't loose.

Yes I got that, fanning like crazy+drawing lightning speed from a holster=barrel flys, where fanning like crazy=barrel loose. I suppose that then drawing lightning speed from the holster=drawing lightning speed from my pocket, right? So I MUST not fan like crazy in any occasion.

It's 'cause I figured my pocket might work different from a holster, but nah, forget it. I figured wrong.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2006, 06:07:51 PM »

Yes I got that, fanning like crazy+drawing lightning speed from a holster=barrel flys, where fanning like crazy=barrel loose. I suppose that then drawing lightning speed from the holster=drawing lightning speed from my pocket, right? So I MUST not fan like crazy in any occasion.

It's 'cause I figured my pocket might work different from a holster, but nah, forget it. I figured wrong.

Oh okay you understand.  Wink

If you just have that urge to fan like crazy, only do it VERY rarely. And I mean once every or twice every month. I wish I had this advice last year.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM