Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 01:28:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Col. Mortimer's Wanted Poster
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Col. Mortimer's Wanted Poster  (Read 14039 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »

Yea but if I have a rolled up piece of paper and I want it to stay flat you just crease it in the middle along the direction of the roll and it will stay flay enough to slide it under a door. Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2006, 05:53:35 PM »

Sure. The problem is we don't see him doing that. We see him slid under the door the rolled poster which won't stay flat and then we see the poster gushing under the door completely flat.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »

He doesn't pick it up, so does he not need it anymore cause he already has another?

No, he doesn't need it anymore because he's sure he's gonna get the original (who, actually, wasn't the one portrayed in the poster). 

I would like also to note (as I've seen the sequence reopeatedly these days) the look of amaze on Mortimer's face when he sees Calloway running away on the horse: like he expected him to be waiting for him outside.   

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 06:00:24 PM by titoli » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 07:13:53 PM »

Sure. The problem is we don't see him doing that. We see him slid under the door the rolled poster which won't stay flat and then we see the poster gushing under the door completely flat.

Its the cinema equivalent of poetic license.  Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2006, 06:03:39 AM »

We don't see him doing that, but what would be the effect of paper that rolls after being slid under the door? He probably did it, to make sure that Guy Calloway sees what it is and knows what he wants him to know!

--Sorry, I haven't seen the film in long time, so I don't remember such details. So if he isn't shown doing it, as he probably isn't, don't take my remark serious. I forgot about it.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 01:30:12 PM by marmota-b » Logged

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2006, 03:11:57 PM »

Another thing....when he kicks the door open he walks over the poster, and again on the way out......He doesn't pick it up, so does he not need it anymore cause he already has another?Huh

ICE

I'm guessing he doesn't need it anymore because he's going to kill the guy.  Wink

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »

I'm guessing he doesn't need it anymore because he's going to kill the guy.  Wink

That's what I think, too.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »

If he takes it out of his coat pocket it just may have flattened enough in the pocket itself to crease it enough to make it stay somewhat flat enough to slide it under the door.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM