Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:22:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Lust in the dust (1985)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lust in the dust (1985)  (Read 2328 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2006, 07:23:37 PM »

Gave this a view last week. A parody of the Italian western genre in the tradition of John Waters.

The title made me think I was going to watch a parody of the  the excellent 1946 film "Duel in the sun" (a critic nick named it "Lust in the dust") but this film is pure spaghetti western parody...unfortunatly it is'nt a very good one.

Paul Bartel directs celebrity transvestite Divine in this raunchy, bad sex joke driven spaghetti western inspired film. The first five minutes seem almost promising as poncho wearing drifter "Able Wood" (Tab Hunter) messes around with a pink parasol much like Tony Anthony's character does in "The Stranger Returns".

This tid bit made me think that Bartel must know his spaghetti westerns and that more references are yet to come in this hour and 20 minute crap fest...sadly...that is not the case. There is one more reference in store for us and it comes in the form of a map tatooed on the back of Divine's buttocks (something that will haunt me for years to come), now for those of you who are familiar with the spag western "The Stranger and The gunfighter" then you might get the reference.

other than that, and a quick cameo of Woody Strode, there is little to be desired. We move from bad sex joke to bad sex joke until the final 4 way showdown between Tab Hunter, Geoffrey Lewis, Lainie Kazan and Divine.

Cesar Romero comes off as charming in his priest role and Henry Silva once again comes off as annoying in a role similar to that of his villianous role in "The Hills Run Red" (He is around for about 15 minutes and then he is promptly shot in the groin with a double barreled shotgun).

Gina Gallego (an actress I had never heard from until I saw this film) is eye candy as the cute whore "Ninfa".

here is the IMDB link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089523/

And here is a short clip containing the parasol incident the first 5 minutes of the flick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDjTmrAl5gk

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 07:30:47 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:52:25 PM »

As soon as I saw this title I thought of Duel in the Sun too. Duel in the Sun was a good movie, I got my dad to take me to see it at the Film Forum last year and he hated it  Roll Eyes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM