Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:00:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  There has never been a more beautiful film, period.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There has never been a more beautiful film, period.  (Read 19825 times)
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2006, 11:51:30 PM »

i prefer my bronson over some eastwood any day.

OUATITW: Best movie ever made. Bronson was perfect the role, NOBODY else could've pulled it off the way he did.

But, generally speaking, Eastwood kicks more ass.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 12:59:18 AM »

OUATITW: Best movie ever made. Bronson was perfect the role, NOBODY else could've pulled it off the way he did.

But, generally speaking, Eastwood kicks more ass.

Yes my friend! I couldn't agree with you anymore. Once Upon a Time in the West is indeed the greatest movie ever made in my opinion. Charles Bronson was suburb as Harmonica, in my opinion his best role. Sergio Leone got the best out of him, and it shows! He is total badass and I think he's alot more talented then people gave him credit for! But I do agree, Clint is the ultimate badass, he wins in that department slightly!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2006, 10:32:36 AM »

Yes my friend! I couldn't agree with you anymore. Once Upon a Time in the West is indeed the greatest movie ever made in my opinion. Charles Bronson was suburb as Harmonica, in my opinion his best role. Sergio Leone got the best out of him, and it shows! He is total badass and I think he's alot more talented then people gave him credit for! But I do agree, Clint is the ultimate badass, he wins in that department slightly!

Dude, you rule.

Kurugen
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »

Well im going to disagree with both of you.If it wasnt for bronson we wouldnt have a whole lot of vigilante movies.I guess that i prefer Death Wish or Dirty Harry any day of the week.

geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2006, 10:52:26 AM »

Charles Bronson was suburb as Harmonica, in my opinion his best role

I can't think of any role CB played that exceeded his performance in OUATITW.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 10:54:53 AM by geoman-1 » Logged
Kurugen
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »

2 words-Paul Kersey

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:11:01 AM by Kurugen » Logged
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »

I like Clint better than Bronson. But in the case of OUATITW, Bronson WAS Harmonica. Clint could never pull off Harmonica the way Bronson did.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2006, 02:41:23 PM »

I like Clint better than Bronson. But in the case of OUATITW, Bronson WAS Harmonica. Clint could never pull off Harmonica the way Bronson did.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2006, 03:42:25 PM »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Right back at ya.  Cool

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2006, 07:26:08 AM »

I think you hit it... the actors in OUATITW ARE their characters.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2006, 10:03:01 AM »

Peacemaker is right here, West with Eastwood would not have been half the movie, the only enhancement of West with Clint would have been him LVC and Eli at the beginning.
Bronson got his best role in this film and it was never bettered, even in the Death Wish movies his acting was rather wooden even though they were fun and apt at the time they were made.
Where's as Harmonica he seemed comfortable in the role it suited him and Leone got the best from his acting style.
Also working with Fonda and Robards made him lift his game.
Its a pity Bronson was so type cast in later movies as I think he could have been a far greater actor if a wider selection of roles were offered to him.

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

Peacemaker is right here, West with Eastwood would not have been half the movie, the only enhancement of West with Clint would have been him LVC and Eli at the beginning.
Bronson got his best role in this film and it was never bettered, even in the Death Wish movies his acting was rather wooden even though they were fun and apt at the time they were made.
Where's as Harmonica he seemed comfortable in the role it suited him and Leone got the best from his acting style.
Also working with Fonda and Robards made him lift his game.
Its a pity Bronson was so type cast in later movies as I think he could have been a far greater actor if a wider selection of roles were offered to him.

I don't even think the opening scene would've been better if it had Clint, Eli, and LVC. I think that cameo would be wee bit too distracting.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2006, 04:31:41 PM »

I don't even think the opening scene would've been better if it had Clint, Eli, and LVC. I think that cameo would be wee bit too distracting, or might seen clumsily thrown in. But, it definitely would've shocked audiences when they got shot down.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2006, 05:54:01 PM »

For some reason, I don't think the appearence of Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Walach would of been too distracting. Having them shot down would of been total SHOCK! People would of loved it in my opinion. That would of been a nice little twist right off the bat.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:56:51 PM by TucumcariBound65 » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2006, 05:56:56 PM »

For some reason, I don't think the appearence of Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Walach would of been too distracting. Having them shot down would of been a SHOCK, people would of loved it in my opinion. That would of been a nice little twist right off the bat.

The more I think about it, the more I think I like that idea more.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM