Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:14:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  There has never been a more beautiful film, period.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There has never been a more beautiful film, period.  (Read 19829 times)
Kurugen
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2006, 06:28:41 PM »

Peacemaker is right here, West with Eastwood would not have been half the movie, the only enhancement of West with Clint would have been him LVC and Eli at the beginning.
Bronson got his best role in this film and it was never bettered, even in the Death Wish movies his acting was rather wooden even though they were fun and apt at the time they were made.
Where's as Harmonica he seemed comfortable in the role it suited him and Leone got the best from his acting style.
Also working with Fonda and Robards made him lift his game.
Its a pity Bronson was so type cast in later movies as I think he could have been a far greater actor if a wider selection of roles were offered to him.

I dont think Bronson really cared after OUATITW.If he did care then i doubt he would do DW 2-5 but i guess he just liked the director.Also Bronson was a very quite man from what i read.Heard that he really didnt interacte that much around sets when they took breaks.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 09:33:51 PM by Kurugen » Logged
archangel
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2006, 08:33:25 PM »

fonda is the best villian - so understated, so evil.
LVC is second(Sentenza), but only by a hair.
GMV is third, again, only by a hair.

Leone is the best "villian" of all. He gave us such wonderful characters.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2006, 11:00:45 PM »

I think Bronson was much better casted in European films. European directors pulled out more characters from him than American directors did. He upstaged Alain Delon in "Adieu L'Ami (Honor Among Thieves)". Delon was jealous of Bronson. That's why Rene Clement decided to use him in "Le Passager De La Pluie (Rider on the Rain)". Even in an action film like "Citta Violenta (The Family)" by Sergio Solima, Bronson showed more vulnerable side.

Ironically, he was not so fortunate to have variety of roles in his own country.

I don't hesitate to say that Harmonica was the best role he ever played.     

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:07:16 PM by Sanjuro » Logged

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
archangel
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2006, 11:52:33 PM »

agreed.

tucos
Road Apple

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2006, 02:23:43 AM »

I'm new here! Just thought I'd post on the board of the greatest movie ever made in my opinion. It's so nice to come to a board dedicated to my favorite director of all time, and chat among his fellow fans. Once Upon a Time In The West is the most compelling movie I've ever laid eyes on. I never get sick of it. The movie takes you in and never lets you go. The acting, the music, the beautiful cinematography is absolutely genius. Thank God Sergio gave us this masterpiece!  Grin

I'm very glad that there are people who think like this! I have watched it more than 20 times. Me and many of my friends think in the same way like you. Many greetings from me!

But if you miss you had better miss very well. Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco.
Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 03:39:04 PM »

I'm new here! Just thought I'd post on the board of the greatest movie ever made in my opinion. It's so nice to come to a board dedicated to my favorite director of all time, and chat among his fellow fans. Once Upon a Time In The West is the most compelling movie I've ever laid eyes on. I never get sick of it. The movie takes you in and never lets you go. The acting, the music, the beautiful cinematography is absolutely genius. Thank God Sergio gave us this masterpiece!  Grin

My sentiments exactly.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 03:43:50 PM »

Jupa where have you been lately, long time between posts.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »

I'm very glad that there are people who think like this! I have watched it more than 20 times. Me and many of my friends think in the same way like you. Many greetings from me!

Yes, this is the greatest movie ever made, in my opinion. I'm glad theirs many people out there who feel the same way. Always fun to talk to a OUATITW lover.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »

I just watched it today again myself, you can take any frame of this out and actually frame it and hang it on a wall. Its beyond beautiful its spellbounding.  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2007, 01:07:33 PM »

I agree with CJ 110%.   Afro

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »

It's a film full of substance.

geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »

I own only three DVD's (OUATITW, DYS, Summer of '42)...movies that I  watch a couple times each
month and am still enamored with.  If you think about it, how many films are out there that you could watch that often
without growing tired of them. Not many. This speaks volumes for their timeless quality. Cool Cool Cool

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 03:10:43 PM by geoman-1 » Logged
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2007, 11:07:59 PM »

I own only three DVD's (OUATITW, DYS, Summer of '42)...movies that I  watch a couple times each
month and am still enamored with.  If you think about it, how many films are out there that you could watch that often
without growing tired of them. Not many. This speaks volumes for their timeless quality. Cool Cool Cool

Yes my friend, you're right. Once Upon a Time in the West is one of those films you can watch over and over again. It never gets old, and never will. Also, you mentioned Duck, You Sucker which is a great Leone film and Summer of '42 which is an absolute must for any film fan! Beautiful film right there.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2007, 11:33:09 AM »

Yes my friend, you're right. Once Upon a Time in the West is one of those films you can watch over and over again. It never gets old, and never will. Also, you mentioned Duck, You Sucker which is a great Leone film and Summer of '42 which is an absolute must for any film fan! Beautiful film right there.
I saw "Summer of  '42" when I was a young teen. This film definitely struck a nerve.
The clumsy, teenage angst and lost innocence  was perfectly portrayed. The haunting film score was eerily beautiful.
Michael Legrand deservedly won the Oscar for the soundtrack. And who could forget the
mesmerizing Jennifer O'Neill. The cinematography was stunning.  Again, one of the few movies that stays with you
long after watching.  This film is a gem and a definite MUST SEE. Afro

« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:44:36 AM by geoman-1 » Logged
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2007, 02:50:38 PM »

Nope.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM