Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 02:17:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Was Lee Van Cleef to fast for the camera?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was Lee Van Cleef to fast for the camera?  (Read 16422 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 02:47:32 PM »

the nights the good time eh Silenzio!?

welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well.

franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2006, 04:59:40 PM »

I keep thinking back to an Eastwood BIO that I had from the library many moons ago, which had an interview with Van Cleef where he said that in the dual at the end of GBU he knew that he was involved in the ultimate western shoot out and the filming was so intense that he was telling Leone that he could take out Clint in the shoot out as close ups were being filmed.
I am still hunting for this book to get the name of it and buy it.
I know from many sources that Eastwood was pretty fast on the draw in his own right and that Van Cleefs speed was not to be sniffed at either.
What a shocking different end to GBU that could be Angel eyes gunning down Blondie, then getting Tuco to dig the grave open, only to get bones then murdering Tuco in a fit of rage ending the film with him going mad in the centre of the cemetery.

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2006, 05:02:17 PM »

What a shocking different end to GBU that could be Angel eyes gunning down Blondie, then getting Tuco to dig the grave open, only to get bones then murdering Tuco in a fit of rage ending the film with him going mad in the centre of the cemetery.

Damn...that ending would not be cool ( because of Eastwood's death ) but you have to admit...that would be very very funny.  Grin

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2006, 07:50:52 PM »

I doubt Angel Eyes would be that stupid. He knows that if Blondie knew the name "Arch Stanton" (couldn't have been a lucky guess) then the gold must be buried somewhere around that grave which is just a reference point.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 05:57:07 AM »

So, it's decided. Clint is champion.
HOLD YOUR HORSES THERE JUST ONE MINUTE!!

Check out page 46 of Howard Hughes "Once Upon A Time In The Italian West" and you'll read that Eastwood could draw,cock and fire in .45 of a second,BUT for LVC this only took LVC .125 of a second.

So it would seem that LEE VAN CLEEF IS THE CHAMPION Grin 

Tim
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 01:32:14 PM »

Now that's a downer ending if I ever heard one.  And like Peacemaker said, other than Blondie getting killed, I really like that.  Doesn't this proposed ending sound like Corbucci's Hellbenders?  I haven't seen it, but this sounds a lot like that ending with Joseph Cotten.

And whoever was faster, LVC's .125 or Clint's .45, that really puts it into perspective how fast these guys were.  We're arguing over thousandths of a second!   Grin  I guess that was the difference between living and dying.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 03:03:38 PM »

Now that's a downer ending if I ever heard one.  And like Peacemaker said, other than Blondie getting killed, I really like that.  Doesn't this proposed ending sound like Corbucci's Hellbenders?  I haven't seen it, but this sounds a lot like that ending with Joseph Cotten.

Well Cotton doesn't go insane in a grave yard.

SPOILER

He gets wounded and dies after the rest of his convoy of rebellious southerners have died.

SPOILER END

Speaking of "Hellbenders" I finally figured out what that strange lizard is on the supposed "confed" flag...

it's this little guy...

http://hellbenders.sanwalddesigns.com/whats.html

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2006, 01:16:27 AM »

And whoever was faster, LVC's .125 or Clint's .45, that really puts it into perspective how fast these guys were.  We're arguing over thousandths of a second!   Grin  I guess that was the difference between living and dying.
We're actually arguing over tenths of a second and LVC is over 3 TIMES as fast as Eastwood Wink

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2006, 02:19:50 PM »

HOLD YOUR HORSES THERE JUST ONE MINUTE!!

Check out page 46 of Howard Hughes "Once Upon A Time In The Italian West" and you'll read that Eastwood could draw,cock and fire in .45 of a second,BUT for LVC this only took LVC .125 of a second.

So it would seem that LEE VAN CLEEF IS THE CHAMPION Grin 

Well, was Howard Hughes on set at the time? I doubt it. Was Luciano Vincenzoni on set? Yes.

Okay, Lee Van Cleef MIGHT be faster than Eastwood . . .maybe, since so many sources say so, I will consider the faint POSSIBILITY.  Wink

Kurugen
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2006, 02:47:25 PM »

Well, was Howard Hughes on set at the time? I doubt it. Was Luciano Vincenzoni on set? Yes.

Okay, Lee Van Cleef MIGHT be faster than Eastwood . . .maybe, since so many sources say so, I will consider the faint POSSIBILITY.  Wink

So then you ADMIT that LVC is faster than Clint.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2006, 03:02:22 PM »

So then you ADMIT that LVC is faster than Clint.

Psssssssshhhhhh . . . .

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2006, 02:33:16 AM »

40 years is a long time ago and time does funny things to peoples memorys.I've been reading Allan Browns "Inside The Wicker Man" where there are conflicting views on such things like whether the animals were removed in time from the wicker cage.Edward Woodward remembers while riding along in a horsedrawn carriage people were running alongside to place down trees with artificial blossum in front of him to create the impression of Springtime,and once the carriage had passed the trees would be "uprooted" and again rushed to the front of the carriage.No-one else amongst the cast and production crew can agree with this anecdote.
I think its fair to suggest that Howard Hughes would've have thoroughly researched his book and i haven't come across any inaccuracies so far Wink
     Isn't there also alot of disagreement about whether Leone or Eastwood were responsible for the MWNNs image?Yes i think we should take Vincenzoni's story with a pinch of salt-maybe he badly wanted to see Clint win the contest so thats how he (falsely) remembered it? Roll Eyes   

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM