Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 08:59:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I got the time line down...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I got the time line down...  (Read 85709 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »

Yes that's right its all mentioned in the book Sibley's New Mexico campaign. More info, after the Civil War Sibley and a few other ex-Confederate Offices were employed by Egyptian Army for a while.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

A bit more to add for those interested, Green the Confederate hero of Valverde, and Scurry the hero of Glorietta were later both killed during Union General Bank's campaigns towards Shreveport  on the Red River in Louisiana.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2007, 08:42:29 AM »

Thanks, Joe. That may explain why Tom Green isn't better known.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2007, 07:24:57 AM »

But... who killed Carson/Jackson and the others? Yankee attack? Bandits? Angel Eyes?

"Does this unit have a soul?"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2007, 05:46:15 AM »

You nust have missed it Jill  Wink

On April 6th & 7th Sibley now totally discredited and disparaged by his army is known to his troops as a "walking whiskey barrel", with no supplies to sustain his army is forced to retreat from Santa Fe. At Albuquerque he splits his forces in two each traveling down the East & West sides of the Rio Grande. At the village of Perlata, Canby attacks the East side Confederate column under Green and during the skirmish a few wagons and an ambulance carrying Jackson/Carson is separated from the main column and continues down the East side of the river.

The small train and its occupants reach the north end of the Journada Del Muerta and enter the desert. Somewhere south of Ft. Craig the wagons & ambulance are attacked by a small "spy" company. During a running fight the wagons separate from the ambulance, and though the men in the ambulance kill or wound all of the spy company pursuers all in the ambulance are critically wounded and the panicked team of the ambulance bolts off to the south out of control.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »

A bit more info to add

The California Column commanded by Carleton marched through Arizona Territory to help Canby in New Mexico, they retook Tuscon, built Ft. Bowie, and arrived in New Mexico, the last detachments reaching there by mid August 1862. Carleton was given the task of reoccupying West Texas and he re-raised the Union flag over Ft. Bliss & Ft. Davis.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2007, 10:03:58 AM »

You seem to have a handle on this cigar. Good stuff my friend.  Smiley

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2007, 05:11:39 AM »

In the other thread I asked a question about How did Angel Eyes become an Union sargeant...

You, Cigar joe, refer me to this thread and I read it (I must say that it took me quite some thime to read it  Smiley). Thank you very much. Afro

Here I find some ideas and qlues about my question and I`m very pleased about that, but I still don`t "have" the answer about one part of my question, so I will ask it again here. I hope that you will manage to help me, once again.

Lets say that we can assume how Angel Eyes become an Union sargeant, but do you know why there is no explanation about it in the film? Is this because of some missing scenes, or studio`s “touch“, or Leone just intentionly does that without explaination...?

By the way, great thread Cigar!  Smiley   Maps are great too! Afro

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2007, 05:27:20 AM »

I don't think anything was ever filmed on that, much like DYS and Mallory"s journey to Mexico from Ireland or the how he became a dynamite expert, its left to our imagination.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2007, 05:34:53 AM »

After all, if everything was shown, it wouldn't be such an adventure to watch it. You know, it wouldn't be such a surprise to see him there when Tuco and Blondie suddenly see him.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2007, 05:45:01 AM »

I don't think anything was ever filmed on that, much like DYS and Mallory"s journey to Mexico from Ireland or the how he became a dynamite expert, its left to our imagination.

Thank you. Smiley

After all, if everything was shown, it wouldn't be such an adventure to watch it. You know, it wouldn't be such a surprise to see him there when Tuco and Blondie suddenly see him.

Afro

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2007, 10:59:38 AM »

I was just reading through this again. This thread is kickass cigar!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »

Indeed. You have said the thing that is true, TB. Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »

Indeed. You have said the thing that is true, TB. Afro

haha, thanks jekins! Smiley

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »

Just finnished "The Civil War in The American West" by Alvin E. Josephy Jr. great book that goes into each of the various campaigns & events West of the Mississippi.

William Steele the commander of the split 7th regiment called the 3rd (the one that Carson/Jackson was attached to) that invaded New Mexico fought in some of the last battles of the Civil War in the Indian Territory as a Brig General.  Brig. General Stand Watie a full blooded Cherokee continued to fight in the Arkansas River Valley and was the last Confederate General to surrender about ten weeks after Lee.

Brig General Jo Shelby, never surrendered, he crossed the Rio Grande with several hundred followers and spent two years of self imposed exile. 

Note the film Rio Conchos, The Hellbenders, and a few others use Shelby as their basis.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM