Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:27:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Fly Boys (2006)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fly Boys (2006)  (Read 3274 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:02:09 PM »

Saw it last night. I liked it but it could have been way better, the effects were great, but the characters could have been fleshed out a bit more in my opinion. Needed more details, the armaments machine guns could have been better featured (close ups a la Leone) than they were. Seemed as if there were way too many Fokker triplanes they should have had more Fokker biplanes at that particular time period.

Anyway I enjoyed it as entertainment, it won't be up in the rarified classics category.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Kurugen
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:41:40 PM »

Saw it last night. I liked it but it could have been way better, the effects were great, but the characters could have been fleshed out a bit more in my opinion. Needed more details, the armaments machine guns could have been better featured (close ups a la Leone) than they were. Seemed as if there were way too many Fokker triplanes they should have had more Fokker biplanes at that particular time period.

Anyway I enjoyed it as entertainment, it won't be up in the rarified classics category.

Only 1 thing comes to mind when i read this:

How was Jean Renos acting?

Tim
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 07:59:16 AM »

This looked interesting, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.  The aerial footage looked pretty impressive from the trailer and a clip I saw, but why do producers, directors, whoever, feel the need to put love stories in movies like this?!  The review I read said that James Franco falls in love with a French girl who doesn't speak English.  Come on now.

And anyone looking for a good depiction of the Lafayette Escadrille, the American flyers depicted in the movie, check out Jeff Shaara's To the Last Man, an excellent novel documenting WWI from the air and the ground.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 04:19:20 PM »

I was working for a post-production house when I encountered this film last year. Thought it was an interesting story not explored much in present day media, I felt it was a bit sanitised though.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 06:34:58 PM »

Thought it was an interesting story not explored much in present day media, I felt it was a bit sanitised though.

Yea it was too sanitized, everything seems to be trying for a homogenized PG 13 rating.

Reno is barely used unfortunately another flub.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Kurugen
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 06:37:50 PM »

Reno is barely used unfortunately another flub.

damn thats the only reason why i wanna see this movie.Well guess ill go back and watch Leon.

Beebs
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 08:28:39 PM »

Loved it!!!!!!! Not too much love story either.

Any other comments?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 04:19:53 AM »

Yea but I whish they would have used Jean Reno better.

Beebs
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 07:55:49 AM »

I've always liked him. I think he had a good part in the movie. A little humor here and there.

Tim
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 09:30:17 AM »

I thought this topic came up recently.  Here's the link to cigar joe's original topic.  Still haven't seen Flyboys, may wait till it gets to the cheap theaters.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=4237.0

Beebs
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 10:52:53 AM »

Whoops missed this thread. Ignore my thread.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM